• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having trouble finding somewhere for the rabbits.

Just had a message from silverrabbit and she has said she's got room to look after them for the year. silverrabbit is located in London that's a good plus. Only problem is trying to figure out how to get my accommodation up there. It does come apart (at least I hope it still does) but seeing as it's all 6ft long and reasonably chunky I don't know if it will fit into the car, along with all my stuff I'll be taking to halls.

I need to have a think

Can you do two trips? Do glad you have found somewhere for them though, especially as its so close to where you will be :)

I wouldn't take them to halls but I also wouldn't jeopardise the experience of your first year at Uni. Don't swap unis/sneak them into halls/stay living at home. I know that sounds harsh to the rabbits but there's nothing like your first year of Uni, and I'm sure, even though it's expensive, fostering them is probably the best idea tbh, if you can find someone.

ETA just seen silverrabbits offer, sounds good!

Glad you've got something sorted :)

I wouldn't take them to halls but I also wouldn't jeopardise the experience of your first year at Uni. Don't swap unis/sneak them into halls/stay living at home. I know that sounds harsh to the rabbits but there's nothing like your first year of Uni, and I'm sure, even though it's expensive, fostering them is probably the best idea tbh, if you can find someone.

ETA just seen silverrabbits offer, sounds good!

Sorry, but I disagree. When you take on pets you agree to be responsible for them, had OP not been able to find a solution I think the only choice would be to find accomodation that could take the buns. Swapping unis would be impossible at this point, but changing out of halls would not 'jeopardise' anything, they're not the be all and end all. If it came down to that or give them to a rescue, I think the latter would be an incredibly selfish choice in my opinion.

Hopefully you can get a way to get them up here ok.. garden is currently a bombsite (very embarrassing :oops: ) because of the kennel repairs and new run undergoing construction but hopefully this will be sorted in the next few days :)

Do you know when you would want to bring the buns? Just so I have a rough idea :wave:

Glad you've got something sorted :)

Sorry, but I disagree. When you take on pets you agree to be responsible for them, had OP not been able to find a solution I think the only choice would be to find accomodation that could take the buns. Swapping unis would be impossible at this point, but changing out of halls would not 'jeopardise' anything, they're not the be all and end all. If it came down to that or give them to a rescue, I think the latter would be an incredibly selfish choice in my opinion.

Obviously I agree that a solution should be found, and it seems that one has. Luckily my brother looked after my pets in my first year but if he couldn't and I had to choose between paying for someone to foster them, or going and living at Uni, I always would have paid to have them fostered. It's not like I was suggesting she should abandon them?!:lol:

When we moved we used a website where you advertise your 'job' and people bid for it. I can't remember which one it was but I think it was this http://www.anyvan.com/man-and-van

We got a really good deal s hopefully you could get a cheapish quote for someone to take your setup to silverrabbit :thumb:

Obviously I agree that a solution should be found, and it seems that one has. Luckily my brother looked after my pets in my first year but if he couldn't and I had to choose between paying for someone to foster them, or going and living at Uni, I always would have paid to have them fostered. It's not like I was suggesting she should abandon them?!:lol:

I just meant the point was that she was struggling to find someone, so paying to have them fostered wasn't an option at the time. As I said it was if the situation came down to having nobody who would take them on, which was initially the issue.

I wouldn't take them to uni with you. I lived in a house first year and had a very understanding landlord who allowed me to keep my rats in my room because he said he was happy that they lived in a cage.... he didn't need to know they free ranged most of the time though :lol:

Second year I lived in private halls with a strict no pet policy and I snuck them in and got caught, apparently covering them in a duvet when inspection came wasn't enough as they were so noisy and I had to take them home.

I hope you get something sorted, but I would recommend two trips if you can get fosterer. :)

Hopefully you can get a way to get them up here ok.. garden is currently a bombsite (very embarrassing :oops: ) because of the kennel repairs and new run undergoing construction but hopefully this will be sorted in the next few days :)

Do you know when you would want to bring the buns? Just so I have a rough idea :wave:

Sorry for the late reply, I have just been trying to talk to mum about it and figure out what to do. I think she has convinced my step dad to let her borrow his car he usually uses up north (A Vauxhall Vectra, so a good size) and we are hoping it will squeeze in there with the seats down and everything. I am hoping it will all come apart ok lol

As far as I know we are planning to go up on the 12th and staying with my aunt in Kew as on the 13th at 9am I have to go enroll and start everything off at the Uni. But mum might want to come up on the 11th and have a day to rest after the long drive before braving London rush hour traffic. I will see what she prefers.

Back