• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you always wanted rabbits?

No, I've always had guinea-pigs, and when I went round my friends house and she had baby rabbits I was playing with them and I really wanted one, but again, Mum said no. I asked again a year later and she said no, but after looking after 2 rabbits for a friend for a couple of weeks over Christmas 2010, Mum said I could have a pair of rabbits, so in March this year I got Archie and Molly :) I've always wanted, and I still really want a dog, but my Mum doesn't want me to get one until I'm 18, so I have to wait a while before I can get a dog, but I've got 2 cats, 3 guinea-pigs and 2 rabbits to keep me busy until then :lol:

Horses are my first love. I'd do anything to be able to have a pony. I quickly realised though that I don't have the finances available, and couldn't commit to an animal that can live 40 years...I don't really believe in selling horses on, and think they should be a life-long commitment.

Not really, I was more into dogs as a child...always wanted one, but my parents worked too much :( I still wasn't convinced when we got Boris 4 years ago, but as soon as I started to spend time with him, I realised what amazing creatures they are :love:

My sister and I had rabbits when we were younger (I was about 7, she'd be about 12) but they died after just 2 years or so (rabbit keeping was fairly new and no-one knew much and we fed it everything. Including lettuce :shock: Well, we didn't know - no-one did, really)

Then when my husband and I bought our first house together - before we were married - I asked if we could have rabbits. That was 15 years ago.

Six months ago the kids started pestering for bunnies so we did some serious research and caved in. Now they're my bunnies and the kids help out a little bit. My son's not that interested anymore - barely gives them the time of day :( but my daughter pays them a bit more attention, but they get the majority of fuss/love and care from me. Even my husband cleaned them out and put them in their run with all their toys, hay, water etc when I wasn't well (and he did that without me asking him to, bless).

I've said I'd like another couple of rabbits - but he's put his foot down with a firm hand and said no, pointing out the impracticality of it. In all fairness, he's right.

So we have 2 bunnies and I love em to bits! :thumb:

No!
I am a horsey person but everyone knows me here as the crazy bunny lady!
I do love bunnies so much :love:

I always wanted rabbit but you can#t have them in Brisbane. So as soon as I came over to the UK I got 2 form a pet shop :oops: But oh how I loved them!

I have tried to keep them in my life in some way or another. OH bought pie for me, then I saw Oberon and fell in love (always loved Rexes). OH says he would not be without rabbits even if we broke up he would get more.
Horses are my first and true love. They are my life, my everything. But Pie especially is my real 'soul-bun'. I don't know what I would do without her, she's the light of my life :oops: :)

No - it took my son 10 years to persuade us to go ahead! :lol:........ and we ended up with three - and I can honestly say I've gone from being a non-animal person to completely and utterley head over heals bunny mad Mum, :love::love::love:, I can never imagine not having rabbits now.

I did. But then when my Dad bought me the most violent Dutch ever to be created, possibly by satan himself, I was put off.
I then learned to avoid that particular breed again. Now I breed Mini Lops (kinda. I'm taking a break until I can find some super high quality stock).

My first and biggest love has got to be snakes, closely followed by rabbits and horses. I've had horses all my life but last year I only ever had horses to sell on. Then I got back the horse I sold previous and regretted it everyday, who then needed to be put to sleep following an untreated ripped tendon that "wasn't picked up" by her previous owners.
I'm very content with my current bunnies, after the incident with my latest pony, I wont own one for a while I don't think.

I did. But then when my Dad bought me the most violent Dutch ever to be created, possibly by satan himself, I was put off.
I then learned to avoid that particular breed again. Now I breed Mini Lops (kinda. I'm taking a break until I can find some super high quality stock).

My first and biggest love has got to be snakes, closely followed by rabbits and horses. I've had horses all my life but last year I only ever had horses to sell on. Then I got back the horse I sold previous and regretted it everyday, who then needed to be put to sleep following an untreated ripped tendon that "wasn't picked up" by her previous owners.
I'm very content with my current bunnies, after the incident with my latest pony, I wont own one for a while I don't think.

I am so sorry abotu your horse. That sounds heartbreaking :cry: I can totally relate to that situation of wanting to take a step back after losing such a close animal friend.

Back