• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have had to let Cutie-pie go.

Oh no I am so sorry.

Letting her go under ga was the kindest thing. She would have known she was loved her whole life which is the most important thing xx

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry cutie-pie ended up having so many tumors, I think you did the right thing by her though and as others have said she was very much loved in life. :-(

Thank you all for your kind words. I honesty didn't expect such bad news. You would never have known Cutie-Pie was even unwell. She was eating really well. Last evening when I was cleaning them out she was running in and out of the bottom shelf keen to sneak out the door, she was still interested in life, food and seemed normal. That is what makes it so hard to come to terms with. Cutie-pie was the first to the bowl and had a good appetite. Jumped up for breakfast this morning.

The vet phoned before the scan and he said he felt lumps rather than a lump. The scan showed tumours all over the liver, he did explain but I have forgotten, somewhere in and around her intestine and even under her ribs.
He still had her sedated and said it was best to let her go, it would have only been a short time before it was too much for her and that it was effecting her intestine. I feel so bad because I never expected this and didn't even say goodbye to them before they left the house. It was chaos trying to get both of them in the carrier the morning, with her escaping out of it several times. I suppose its never going to be saying saying goodbye even if yo do know. I guess she must have been hiding her problems very well. Seems so unfair after the rotten first 5 years of her life.:cry:

I sm so sorry to hear this aweful news. How shocking for both you and James. How is Bandit?
Binky free Cutie Pie. I am sure that the memories of her life before you were gone and that she knew how much she was loved and was happy.

Oh Amanda, I am so saddened to hear this :cry::cry::cry:

Massive (((((((HUGS)))))))) at this horrendous time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Amanda I am so so very sorry to see this! :cry::cry::cry:
What an awful shock! :(
I know how you feel with the not saying goodbye but you weren't to know and sometimes even when we do we don't manage it. Everyone who has posted is so right in saying it was the care you gave Cutie-Pie that she remembers. That the vet didn't feel she was suffering yet is good because when they are ill for prolonged periods of time we beat ourselves up for not doing something sooner. There's no easy way around this kind of thing. :(
I hope you'll be kind to yourself and that Bandit will be okay. I'm so sorry and just gutted for you. :cry:
My inbox is always open if you need an ear to bend and a shoulder to cry on. Sending ((((((((((((massive hugs)))))))))))) your way. xxxxxxxxxx

Amanda, i am gutted for you, what an awful awful shock :cry: I'm so so sorry :cry: i do hope Bandit will be ok, poor boy :( did he see her after she'd gone? :(
Big hugs xxx

Back