• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone else had enough...

I do panic for the buns in the cold but I just went in the shed and it is quite warm as it is now insulated by all the plants and snow so happy for that at least :)

well, i had had enough but they've just stopped all the buses and closed the school!!! woohoo!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Everything was frozen this morning, all bottles and bowls, its really strange because yesterday when it was -8 only the bowls froze not the bottles, this morning it was -4 and everything was frozen solid :shock: I don't get it :?

We had snow again overnight, and the cloud cover meant it wasn't so cold...never thought I'd be so glad to see snow! :shock: :D

Apparently the snow is heading south again, so all you in the south midland should have it today.

Everything was frozen this morning, all bottles and bowls, its really strange because yesterday when it was -8 only the bowls froze not the bottles, this morning it was -4 and everything was frozen solid :shock: I don't get it :?

It's meant to snow down our way heavily this evening and all through the night :(

the cold is doing my head, not being able to exercise the buns much, poor theo was that cold yesterday morning he refused his pellets. i'm lucky and only have 3 little buns to worry about can't imagine what you's rescues are going through. never mind youself having to work in that cold.

It was only minus 2 at 8 this morning as we have some cloud cover but everything was frozen solid again.

I feel so guilty as when I take the fresh bowls up they are all so thirsty and sit and drink for ages :(

We had snow again overnight, and the cloud cover meant it wasn't so cold...never thought I'd be so glad to see snow! :shock: :D

Apparently the snow is heading south again, so all you in the south midland should have it today.

We are meant to have snow all during the week :)

Well the bottle was fine thismorning, but it does have 2 socks on and a snug, plus spout covered lol.

I'm getting a bit worried about my little runt in this weather, Firefly the larger of my two rabbits loves the snow and leaps in and out of it constantly but I think Batbunny, who was born a runt and has fluffy but fine tufts of fur all over him sits inside the hutch looking depressed and seems to get much more colder then Firefly. Now they're fully re-bonded I'm relieved they're sleeping in the same hutch again to keep each other warm but if the snow get's any deeper I may have to bring them in for a few nights D: Opinions? the snow is getting really deep here. They're used to being inside as much as outside as they play in the kitchen a lot and love to sleep on the rugs, and they love my company and treat me like a third rabbit :roll:

I'm getting a bit worried about my little runt in this weather, Firefly the larger of my two rabbits loves the snow and leaps in and out of it constantly but I think Batbunny, who was born a runt and has fluffy but fine tufts of fur all over him sits inside the hutch looking depressed and seems to get much more colder then Firefly. Now they're fully re-bonded I'm relieved they're sleeping in the same hutch again to keep each other warm but if the snow get's any deeper I may have to bring them in for a few nights D: Opinions? the snow is getting really deep here. They're used to being inside as much as outside as they play in the kitchen a lot and love to sleep on the rugs, and they love my company and treat me like a third rabbit :roll:

One way round it might be to keep the other bun locked in the hutch all the time with Batbunny - that way he keeps him warmer?

I was contepmlating bringing them in yesterday - but then knowing they would have to go back out while I was at work would really mess with their body systems. I really really feel for anyone whose a rescue or has a lot of animals this weather is awful. I've had to be kind of hard and remember they have fur coats and thankfully they've been outside a couple of years now so I know its not their first taste of cold.... saying that I am doing everything I know to do to keep them warm - they dont drink often at all cos they get veggies so I am not to worried by the water bowl freezing. However its been a bit of a battle opening the hutch up in the mornings as the shutters keep freezing to the wood. :? Ive covered the top with loft insulation which I think does a good job of keeping a bit of the heat in. I noramlly put old towels in with the snuggle safe but I find fleece stays warmer longer so thats in there now and lots of hay.

I'm hating this weather as well...big group of free range buns - it's a nightmare...At least I can fill up fewer bigger bowls but I hate seeing them out in the cold, even though they're choosing it as the shed door is always open enough for them to squeeze in. Terrified I'll lose one :(

Liz, hopefully an extra 10 bowls should help... Just ordered them so hopefully you should get them before the end of the week

Call it a late Xmas Prezzie :p :love: :p

Tina the bowls have just arrived :wave: I had forgotten all about this so it was a huge surprise. Thank you so so much, it will be a tremendous help to us :love:

Steve is now carefully unpacking them all and they will all be in use later tonight :D:D:D

Liz, have you thought of carrying water to the bowls rather than the other way round? I take a large clean watering can full of warm water down with me...holds enough to rinse/clean as well as fill...just a thought....

Roll on summer! :shock:

Liz, have you thought of carrying water to the bowls rather than the other way round? I take a large clean watering can full of warm water down with me...holds enough to rinse/clean as well as fill...just a thought....

Roll on summer! :shock:

What we do is collect them all up, bring them in and defrost them slowly ( normally an excuse to sit on RU for a bit :lol:) the wash them up and take them back out and then fill them up in one go from a 3 litre jug. But now we can take the new ones out as we collect the others up and can fill them straight away. Then defrost and wash up the others until they are needed :D

I am now really fed up with the weather:(

I got up at 4am to check on the bunnies as i was worried they may be cold. I needed have worried as they were lovely and warm and their water hadn't even frozen! Back to bed i went!

Then, as i had run out of pellets i walked a few miles to an open pet shop to get some.

What we do is collect them all up, bring them in and defrost them slowly ( normally an excuse to sit on RU for a bit :lol:) the wash them up and take them back out and then fill them up in one go from a 3 litre jug. But now we can take the new ones out as we collect the others up and can fill them straight away. Then defrost and wash up the others until they are needed :D

Ah...it all makes sense now...;)

Sounds like the new ones are a big help! :thumb:

Tina the bowls have just arrived :wave: I had forgotten all about this so it was a huge surprise. Thank you so so much, it will be a tremendous help to us :love:

Steve is now carefully unpacking them all and they will all be in use later tonight :D:D:D

Yeah glad they have arrived, hope they are ok as I ordered them of the net without seeing them.

Glad to have been able to help ;)

Drink up bunnies :love::love:

Yeah glad they have arrived, hope they are ok as I ordered them of the net without seeing them.

Glad to have been able to help ;)

Drink up bunnies :love::love:

They are a lovely size and really thick too. Some of the boys will end up with pink ones though :lol::lol: Thank you so much :love:

Back