• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guineas Rescued..all pics on thread

Poor wee souls! :cry:

Bless you for rescuing these babies from that hell hole. You and all of your fosterers do such an amazing job.

We have asked other trusted rescues to help with this as the numbers are too high for us
We have had good offers from places that will neuter the boars and so far have spaces with rescues for minimum 7 sows and 16 boars
plus we have had offer of good known homes for 2 more sows and a temp foster space for 4 boars
so looks as though another trip will take place soonl

Last edited:
Gosh when the new babies are born that will be over 200. How do you manage not to explode when you go in there ? Why do people allow it to spiral out of control ? What I don't get is there is about 10 to 20 drinking bottles, how hard it is to take them all soak them in a sink with washing up liquid and shake them, do they really not see what we see. Seriously are these sorts of breeders/owners a bit simple, and inadequate. Its all so depressing. Thank god for you and other rescues.

Gosh when the new babies are born that will be over 200. How do you manage not to explode when you go in there ? Why do people allow it to spiral out of control ? What I don't get is there is about 10 to 20 drinking bottles, how hard it is to take them all soak them in a sink with washing up liquid and shake them, do they really not see what we see. Seriously are these sorts of breeders/owners a bit simple, and inadequate. Its all so depressing. Thank god for you and other rescues.

Yes, I honestly don't want to think how long it takes for a bottle to get that green. :(

When I was with an RSPCA Inspector who had just been to a place I'd reported she said that more often than not the person just sees what they want to see. Their idea of 'acceptable care' is way below standard, but they just cant see that that is the case :cry:

When I was with an RSPCA Inspector who had just been to a place I'd reported she said that more often than not the person just sees what they want to see. Their idea of 'acceptable care' is way below standard, but they just cant see that that is the case :cry:

That is in every part of their life and home, do you think. I suppose there wouldn't be so many programmes about hoarders and obsessive cleaners, you would hope that didn't extend to the animals. I saw one recently and there was a woman that fostered dogs, one dog was doubly incontinent and this woman had not mopped her floors in 7 years. I am sure even the dogs don't want to live like that.

We are going in again tomorrow to take out another 40.. 20 of those will be going to RSPCA Walsall..huge thanks to them :)
Watch this space for updates

Those poor babies :(
Gosh, I can't stop looking at Orion, he's lovely! :)

Sending you good luck wishes for the ones you are going to collect and I hope all goes well with those you have now. I just marvel at your ability to take this on without taking the person apart who let them get in this state. :( (((((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))) I know it must take a horrible personal toll as well. xxxxxxx

I was planning on moving my 2 male piggies out of my heated 8 x 4" shed into a 6 x 4" (because I was tentatively planning on getting 2 x rabbits at some point in the future) but these babies have a greater need - I could take on a group of non-pregnant sows if that would be of any use to anyone? Not sure how they'd deal with the near 2 hour drive from Leicester (assuming that's where they are?) to Shropshire but the offer is there.

Let me know if I can help. I've been keeping guinea pigs for a long time so have some experience :)

I was planning on moving my 2 male piggies out of my heated 8 x 4" shed into a 6 x 4" (because I was tentatively planning on getting 2 x rabbits at some point in the future) but these babies have a greater need - I could take on a group of non-pregnant sows if that would be of any use to anyone? Not sure how they'd deal with the near 2 hour drive from Leicester (assuming that's where they are?) to Shropshire but the offer is there.

Let me know if I can help. I've been keeping guinea pigs for a long time so have some experience :)
that would be great and we are driving over to mid Wales in a week and a half so could arrange? only thing is..apart from the VERY young baboes we cannot guarantee they are not pregnant :(

Back