• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea Pigs Rescue Part 2 UPDATE WITH BABIES POST 32

the main thing is she DID ask for help. She said she was scared to ring anywhere else and only rang us as someone she met through a friend sang our praises and said how nice I was ( er Jane ! lol ) She said she still put off ringing for quite a while as knew it was bad.
Hopefully we can deal with it..it's a huge job but thanks to our wonderful team and support from so many people we will do it

People in all walks of life get themselves into sorry states. I'm so glad she felt she could ask you for help. It must have been really hard for her to do so ....

A real handful for you though :shock:

The poor loves.

I take it that they're all massively inbred? :(

Dread to think of their health problems.

x

People in all walks of life get themselves into sorry states. I'm so glad she felt she could ask you for help. It must have been really hard for her to do so ....

A real handful for you though :shock:

I agree with you MM - sometimes things start off well and just go pear-shaped. Admitting you need help is so difficult, and having an open mind so that people feel they can approach you without being judged is a fine trait.

We have been overwhelmed by the support we are getting and these parcels arrived today

from a lady called Beverly

and delivery via the hay experts

and a lady called Emma dropped this off along with a huge pile of newspapers and is doing a transport run for us tomorrow

we also had a bale of hay from Abigail

thank you all so much xx

:wave: Just a heads up - you may have spotted it already but I sent you a message. Mentioning here as I imagine you're pretty rushed off your feet and I don't want to be missed :)

Tried sending this as a PM, but inbox is full, so posting here...

I have been following the thread regarding the guinea pigs. I can't help but feel for the poor little animals suffering so much, and of course you trying to deal with such a mammoth situation.

I have a spare indoor cage (I used it as my 'neutering recovery cage', which is 4ftx2ft) and can offer to take any piggies to house in this cage. I know it's not much, but I feel terrible sitting here with an empty cage, a spare bedroom they can go in, and not offering help...albeit small.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. I can even take piggies and treat them with my vet to try and help a little with the costs involved with helping these.

Please let me know if I can be any help.

the main thing is she DID ask for help. She said she was scared to ring anywhere else and only rang us as someone she met through a friend sang our praises and said how nice I was ( er Jane ! lol ) She said she still put off ringing for quite a while as knew it was bad.
Hopefully we can deal with it..it's a huge job but thanks to our wonderful team and support from so many people we will do it

Asking for help is very very hard, but when you have obviously done a wrong thing it must be sooo much more difficult. Glad that your niceness has helped.

One of our sows Brava gave birth to 5 babies this evening, sadly 3 were dead :cry:
We are so worried for all the sows so please send vibes for the two little ones and all the sows yet to birth
They are being cared for by foster mum Kirsty who sent this pic
Beagle and Bravo

Last edited:
Oh goodness...poor wee babies....popcorn free little ones :cry:
And to all the rest, all the vibes I can muster for successful births, good health and comfort. (((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))))) to all the rescuers, donators and fosterers. xxxxxxxxx

:cry:

RIP Babies

I really hope that all the expectant and nursing sows will find the strength to cope. The fact that they are now receiving good care must give them all a fighting chance.

Another sow, Windstar, gave birth this morning. 2 live and one born sleeping. think we'll see this a lot with these piggies :(

Back