• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea Pigs Rescue Part 2 UPDATE WITH BABIES POST 32

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from the 25 we took out the other day we returned and took out 49 today
23 are for us to keep and rehome and the other 26 are going to other rescues
Sadly while there we were shown another shed we didn't see the other day with more in . Despite having removed 73..most of the sows pregnant so that number will triple..there are still approx 100 left :(

Pics of todays rescues..some upsetting
First

Small boar with wound on face, Touran

another small boar, Toledo

then a very sad little sow, Chevette. She was pulled out with blood running from bite wounds :( she has a recently emptied eye socket, mite infestation and weighs half her normal weight. She was taken straight to vet and is on pain relief and anti biotics. When fit enough she needs an op to tidy her eye socket.
her eye :(

and shown here with little babies, sex unknown. Lancia, Simca, Skoda, Toyota and Scirocco.
the babies were with Chevette and Verona but neither sow is the mother :( the babies are only about 10 days old so have gone to our rodentologist friend to be hand reared and cared for

4 little boars, Astro, Rebel, Cadilac and Kadett

Sow with damaged eye that also saw vet as wounds. Her eye will also need removing but not until she is stronger, Verona

and state of her back

Last edited:
Pregnant sow Brava

Very thin and sad little pregnant sow with mites and bites, Punto

Heavily pregnant sow Gazelle

Again heavily pregnant girl Puma

and another pregnant sow Suzuki about to pop

this sow will give birth any time as very large although doesn't show in pic. She is also the most stressed, now named Windstar

Very young sow Firenza

and another little girl Freestar

and another young sow Torino. she lives up to her name as escaped and did a circuit round my lounge!

and last of piggies staying with us from this lot little sow Nova

Then we have 6 sows going to a small rescue in Northants and any baby boars will be kept and neutered

young ones

and pregnant ones, 2 of which will give birth any time

then RSPCA Walsall have kindly agreed to take these 10 assorted sows

and here they are all hiding after I'd added hay! Yes they are in there!

and also Walsall is taking 10 boars
5 little ones

and 5 even smaller!

I wish I could help rehome some of these poor piggies, but live in Cornwall. Do you have a wish list on Amazon for donated food etc? I would be happy to help out with a donation. Is this cruelty case going to be followed up by the RSPCA?

I wish I could help rehome some of these poor piggies, but live in Cornwall. Do you have a wish list on Amazon for donated food etc? I would be happy to help out with a donation. Is this cruelty case going to be followed up by the RSPCA?
We haven't involved the RSPCA as prosecuting would not solve anything in this case. The woman rang us herself as knew things had got out of hand and admitted the conditions were poor. she initially wnated to keep a few but has been persuaded to hand over all of them as and when we can find spaces.
We have cofirmation tonight that another rescue will take another 10 boars..so that will be 10 more got out
the easiest way to help and avoid high psotage costs is to send us a supermarket voucher. any sent will be distributed around the fosterers so they can buy fresh veg/salad, pellets and general cleaning items. If you wish to send one please message me for address and thank you

Last edited:
We haven't involved the RSPCA as prosecuting would not solve anything in this case. The woman rang us herself as knew things had got out of hand and admitted the conditions were poor. she initially wnated to keep a few but has been persuaded to hand over all of them as and when we can find spaces.

In fairness to her, that must have been a really difficult phone call to make. You can but hope she doesn't end up getting more in the future.

Good grief :cry:

I dont really know what else to say :cry:

I certainly hope that the woman will never allow herself to get into such a situation again.

Good grief :cry:
I dont really know what else to say :cry:
I certainly hope that the woman will never allow herself to get into such a situation again.
Hopefully not. We have built up trust with her as in she wanted to keep some but has now agred to give all up of course this could change at any minute.
We couldn't take them all at once as nowhere to put that number and she wouldn't let us.
Yeserday she showed us a second shed that we hadn't seen on first visit
We have removed in total 73..we did a rough head count and there are still 100 left to get :(
Yes we would like to cry shout and punch something :(

Oh my goodness. That is quite a massive problem. I really hope that the lady is able to give up all the rest of them.

What a heart breaking situation. They are sooo beautiful.

I can totally empathise with your frustration.

Hopefully not. We have built up trust with her as in she wanted to keep some but has now agred to give all up of course this could change at any minute.
We couldn't take them all at once as nowhere to put that number and she wouldn't let us.
We have removed in total 73..we did a rough head count and there are still 100 left to get :(

Heavens above - what was the woman thinking of? :shock:

Heavens above - what was the woman thinking of? :shock:

Yes, I can never understand these situations - particularly in the sense that it's obvious that the numbers are going to explode as soon as you indiscriminately breed, unless you have a regular outlet for them, like a pet shop.

Yes, I can never understand these situations - particularly in the sense that it's obvious that the numbers are going to explode as soon as you indiscriminately breed, unless you have a regular outlet for them, like a pet shop.

Sarah did you send the 3 bags of SS :) ?

Another 100 :shock: Some of whom will no doubt be pregnant :cry:

Whilst I cant demonise the woman, maybe she had been Nursing her husband for some time before his death ?? I honestly cant understand how or why help was not asked for sooner. Trying to be charitable here, but maybe she was blinded to everything bar her ill husband. It is so very sad that all those poor GPs have suffered as a result :cry: Regardless of the 'hows, whys and wherefores', nothing makes that suffering acceptable or right :cry:

Another 100 :shock: Some of whom will no doubt be pregnant :cry:

Whilst I cant demonise the woman, maybe she had been Nursing her husband for some time before his death ?? I honestly cant understand how or why help was not asked for sooner. Trying to be charitable here, but maybe she was blinded to everything bar her ill husband. It is so very sad that all those poor GPs have suffered as a result :cry: Regardless of the 'hows, whys and wherefores', nothing makes that suffering acceptable or right :cry:

the main thing is she DID ask for help. She said she was scared to ring anywhere else and only rang us as someone she met through a friend sang our praises and said how nice I was ( er Jane ! lol ) She said she still put off ringing for quite a while as knew it was bad.
Hopefully we can deal with it..it's a huge job but thanks to our wonderful team and support from so many people we will do it

Last edited:
the main thing is she DID ask for help. She said she was scared to ring anywhere else and only rang us as someone she met through a friend sang our praises and said how nice I was ( er Jane ! lol ) She said she still put off ringing for quite a while as knew it was bad.
Hopefully we can deal with it..it's a huge job but thanks to our wonderful team and support from so many people we will do it

:lol:

Not as nice as me though !! :lol:

It's great that there is a team all working together to help the poor GPs. This poor little mite made me want to cry

:cry:

Back