• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gregory is eating Hay!!!!!! I could cry! UD - PIC POST 11!

Well I've been single 2 and a half years so no idea what my excuse is! :lol:

He is looking rather porky, esp considering he was wasting away a couple of months back!

He's still in that bag of hay as I type! So weird he's suddenly obsessed as of tonight!

thats so fantastic hun... i cant beleive the little monster is showing off his hay eating skills after all that refusing hes done :lol::lol:

Go Gregory:D and what an intelligent little bun going in the top of the Hay bag unlike somebun in my house whose munched a whole in the side!

Go Gregory:D and what an intelligent little bun going in the top of the Hay bag unlike somebun in my house whose munched a whole in the side!

Oh dear!

Gregory has now repositioned himself so that he is sitting atop a bag of carefresh which is that lilac box! He says to let your bunny know that it's the way ahead!

Get the kind of hay that has more stem, longer and big stem. My buns eats those hay, i.e., the loose and smaller grass type hay bundle that you show in your photo. But they eat a lot more when the hay is long and the stem is big.

Now, w/ those long stem hay, I can tell they won't fit in the bag that you have in your photo. The farm hay in bale would be that big, and is much, much more healthier for their teeth.

When my buns eat those hay, they can't get enough of them, but when they eat those tiny hay (the ones you have), they only eat them when they need to.

onebaleofhay023ty.jpg

Look at the top right corner of this photo, you can tell those stem of the hay is longer, bigger. Rabbits love those a lot more than the small bag hay.

This may be partly the reason your bun is not eating the hay. A rabbit's diet should be 90% hay.

Besides, a bale of hay is cheaper than that bag of hay of yours. The entire 65 lb. bale of hay is only $5. And it last 1 year, enough for 2 buns

Last edited:
Thank you for your suggestion.

He does have long stem hay - they have Timothy and Orchard grass. The smaller stuff is readigrass.

Also I live in a one bed second floor flat so a bale of hay big enough to last a year for 2 bunnied would probably fill the whole place!

Lola hates the green hay. She loves the "yellow cheap supermarket" hay as the pieces are longer, thicker and chompier.

Oh dear!

Gregory has now repositioned himself so that he is sitting atop a bag of carefresh which is that lilac box! He says to let your bunny know that it's the way ahead!

I have passed on Gregorys message, but I don't think Dudley took it in as he was a bit star struck from receiving a message from a famous blogging bunny:lol:

Cat mine only like the cheap ol' stuff too they couldn't give 2 hoots for Timothy Hay or Orchard Grass:roll:

Back