• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gracie is dead ... joined 8 days later by Daisy. RIP

Oh goodness, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. No words will make you feel any better but I am thinking of you :(.

Oh no BB, I'm so very sorry to read this, you must be utterly devastated :( Run free beautiful Gracie x x

Had time to catch up now. I'm so sorry Alison - after it looked like she was recovering well too :(

Thanks all, it means such a lot. Nobody here cares.. well not true, I've had a much needed hug off a neighbour but my family aren't interested in my devastation.

You remain in my thoughts A. I realise that there are no words that will be of any real help :cry:

Thanks Jane. Just posting means a lot.

I am really struggling with this one. I was struggling with 'stuff' before so my resources are practically zero. I need my cuddle buns to get me through and devastatingly one of the friendliest, healthiest has been ripped from me. Esme had an obstruction on 23rd and I was told she had a heart murmur so high risk for anaesthetic. (it passed without surgery, thankfully). Just a few days later I go through the stress again with Gracie. Was told they expected her to be okay after coming to from the GA. They have no explanation for why she died and of course they have masses of experience with this surgery. She was young and in perfect health... How am I supposed to come to terms with it? There's only so much a person can take and she was part of the coping strategy.

Last edited:
Thanks all, it means such a lot. Nobody here cares.. well not true, I've had a much needed hug off a neighbour but my family aren't interested in my devastation.

Thanks Jane. Just posting means a lot.

I am really struggling with this one. I was struggling with 'stuff' before so my resources are practically zero. I need my cuddle buns to get me through and devastatingly one of the friendliest, healthiest has been ripped from me. Esme had an obstruction on 23rd and I was told she had a heart murmur so high risk for anaesthetic. (it passed without surgery, thankfully). Just a few days later I go through the stress again with Gracie. Was told they expected her to be okay after coming to from the GA. They have no explanation for why she died and of course they have masses of experience with this surgery. She was young and in perfect health... How am I supposed to come to terms with it? There's only so much a person can take and she was part of the coping strategy.

I feel rather inadequate as I dont know what to say. Sometimes it is impossible to put even a marginally 'glass half full' spin on things. I know all too well how devastating it is to loose a Rabbit who gives us so much comfort when our life in general is utterly :censored:.

I send you many hugs xx

Oh no :cry: I'm so so sorry. As you know, I've lost quite a lot of buns at a young age so I understand how horrible it is and knowing you 'should have' had longer. I'm sure Gracie had an amazing life with you though. It may have been short but it will have been happy. I hope you can take comfort in that. Rabbits don't understand the concept of time so they don't know they didn't live as long as we'd like them to but I'm sure that when she was here she was very happy. I know that doesn't make it easier for you as you're the one here having to deal with the loss, but try and remember the good times and I'm sure being around your other lovely rabbits will help you at this difficult time. *hugs*

I know nothing anyone can say to you will help, but at least you know there are lots of us on here who empathise and understand something of how you are feeling.

Losing a loved furry member of the family is hard at any time, but much worse when you are already struggling:cry:

I'm thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Im so sorry you lost gracie. Life is so unfair at times as i have found out losing blitzen. Im sure you have done all you can. I found once i made myself believe this i could think of him without crying. Hugs and kindness sent at this awful time. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back