• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gracie is dead ... joined 8 days later by Daisy. RIP

Thanks. It's a really hard loss to come to terms with. She seemed to be recovering then didn't. I really can't comprehend.

I've just lost another rabbit this evening... another 'stasis' episode that was surgical. Not really sure what was wrong but not repairable. Adhesions, internal bleeding, possibly twisted gut... I guess I'll get a better explanation tomorrow but I'm beyond numb right now.

RIP Daisy ... one year old, we tried so hard to save you but it wasn't to be.

I'm so sorry :cry: I'm another one who loses bunnies young, such heartbreaking losses and I'm so sorry you've experienced it so many times too xx

I went to collect Gracie's ashes yesterday and this is what I saw on the way home:

Needless to say I was a blubbering mess when I saw the rainbow.

Rudy has got a lot quieter since the loss of Gracie, he seems to have lost a lot of his spirit. He was tucked away in a hidy corner tonight, I've never seen him in that corner before, I thought the worst for a while but I offered him a treat and nearly lost my fingers, so there is definitely still some 'Rudy' about him. He's quite wobbly now though :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Back