• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gordon has gone

Thank you for the support.

I don't expect any further replies and didn't want to keep posting about it but I'm just thinking about him all the time, no one who I am physically with understands why I am so upset. My partner was upset and had to leave the room whilst we was at the vets but he's just talking about bonding beano and Jake. Of course I don't want beano to be lonely but its beano and Gordon, not beano and Jake that are supposed to be together. I've come to stay at my parents for a few nights to stop me staring at his stuff but now I'm just looking at all the photos I have of him up in my old bedroom. Even though for that day I knew it was coming I cant believe he's gone.

Thank you for the support.

I don't expect any further replies and didn't want to keep posting about it but I'm just thinking about him all the time, no one who I am physically with understands why I am so upset. My partner was upset and had to leave the room whilst we was at the vets but he's just talking about bonding beano and Jake. Of course I don't want beano to be lonely but its beano and Gordon, not beano and Jake that are supposed to be together. I've come to stay at my parents for a few nights to stop me staring at his stuff but now I'm just looking at all the photos I have of him up in my old bedroom. Even though for that day I knew it was coming I cant believe he's gone.

Liz, if you want to keep posting about Gordon, and with photos or anything, then please keep doing so :wave:

I can quite understand you feel the bond between Beano and Gordon was special, I would feel the same. Perhaps your partner is trying to deal with things by taking the practical approach. I've had to do this sometimes myself, as I get consumed with grief when any of mine depart, however it happens.

Sending you super-size hugs while you have a break with your folks.

Take as much time as you need to get through this. I don't ever get over a loss, but somehow I manage to work through it eventually ... xxx

Back