• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going Against Vets Advice.

Yes the vet (Vets Now) wanted to give liquid paraffin for stasis and I wouldnt let him and suggested to him why he shouldnt do it!

Also another friends vet was adamant that metacam (or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) was not needed for EC and her bunny with severe head tilt. So we went against that!

I did when Inky had stasis when he was about 2 years old. He was really ill and the vet wanted to admit him, I knew that he definitely wouldn't eat if I left him at the vets (I'd had a bad experience with Floss).

In the end, we compromised with me promising to syringe feed every 3 hours though the night and to take him back first thing in the morning. The vet also gave him a sub-cut to keep him hydrated.

I brought him indoors with Smokey, syringe fed him all through the night and somehow at about 5am he started eating:D.

Back