• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gizmo seriously poorly at emergency vets.

I'm so sorry he didn't make it :cry:
A pm might give you some answers, although not always. I don't know about costs but you should be able to have him back afterwards if you ask them first

I'm so sorry. :cry: I don't know how much a post mortum costs, as it depends on the vet. If you have another bunny at home, though, it is best to get a post mortum done - the sooner the better. Hugs to you.

No answers given.

As you all know from reading this thread i lost my beloved little man last night. Niether myself or my OH slept as we were trying to figure out what caused this. I rang my vet this moring to have a chat about doing a pm on him. There as baffled as us. His heart was beating normal, no drooling,fitting,mouth breathing and his gut was working fine. A pm on a young bun would not give me any answers as they don't check bloods or toxins. The vet said it must have been an infection somewere in the body that took hold very rapidly indeed. So in the space of 4 hours he'd gone from healthy normal bun to rainbow bridge. There's just no answers for me and thats the hardest part.:cry:

That's very shocking. I'm so sorry you have suffered this sadnes. I'm sure you gave Gizmo the best possible life.

Back