• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant house bunny... Best decision ever! - Extra pics of Reggie Bun

As requested: Pics of Reggie bun :0)

Tuckered out arriving home:

DSC04641_zpsd21d1d13.jpg

Kippin' on the sofa:

DSC04823_zps79cd8e1e.jpg

Bein this cute is thirsty work:

DSC04663_zps8fd255a7.jpg

Always finding the best places to snuggle:

DSC04960_zps20134949.jpg

Ready for my close up:

DSC04962_zps1d8e4216.jpg

Hehe thank you. Didn't want to hijack your thread but don't know anyone else with a yellow giant :)

She came from Nottingham. I traveled miles to get her haha.

She's a right madam! Typical firey red head I say. Lovely friendly girl but knows her pen mind, can be quite stroppy - for example when I'm cleaning she hates me in the shed and will grab my jeans bottoms and tug on them or pick up the shovel and throw it out the way that sort of thing. She's quite highly strung, the tiniest thing will make her jump but then within seconds curiosity gets the better of her and she'll be out nosying again. My boy is much more relaxed. What's Reggie like?

It's not hijacking... It's lovely to share yellow giant news... :lol: It's one of my fav topics! ;)
I love the sound of Hattie :love: I wonder if the buns would get on.... Reggie is pretty laid back now he is settled, he is very shy when it comes to new situations... It took him days to go from the kitchen to living room by himself bless him, a couple of extra steps and sniffs a night: head and ears stretched as far forward as he could make them go: :lol:I keep the door of his crate open all the time, but he preferes to stay inside it on his fleece blanket/towel bed combo... that or he sneaks under the kitchen chairs! :lol:and hungry. He is always hungry! I feed him a handful or so of pellets day and night and then he has unlimited readigrass, hay and eating hay... but still he insists he is hungry... :shock:

Hope you like the piccies I added :wave: x

:lol: agreed!^^

Thank you for taking the time to share some advice, really appreciate. :D

We are taking Harry to the vets tomorrow to be neutured :shock: (hoping to bond him with my Rex girl Daisy-Belle, she's not having the best of times lately... :? ) so we will ask about Reggie as well... :D
I definitely want to offer a rescue bun a home with us, most of my buns are kinda rescues... Not from a centre but from people who needed it. My lions were gonna be "taken back to pet shop" and Harry was on the RU for rehoming. The only bun who was from a shop (garden centre :evil:) was Stanleigh... I never would have considered it, but both heart and gut wouldn't let me leave her there. :oops:

I don't know if rescues in our area will help with bonding, but now you mention it, I will be definitely asking about it.:thumb:

Ps, how's Fiver? He's prob one of my most fav buns on the RU, your pair of buns are goooooooorgeous! :love:

Thank you :oops: I shall tell them they have a fan :lol:

Fiver is back to normal, munching his hay and food with gusto and racing about like an idiot again :lol: Thank you for asking :)

What's up with Daisy-Belle? :( It might be worth ringing a local bunny rescue to ask about bonding, they sometimes offer it for a donation. Depends where you live and what rescues are nearby. :thumb:

Reggie is absolutely STUNNING! :love: :love: I have always wanted a conti or flemish but simply don't have the room lol. If ever I get my own place and had no other animals, I'd be definitely considering offering one (or more likely, two! ;)) a home!

Sending vibes that his neuter goes well tomorrow.

My two both run around my feet in greeting and beg for treats/hay/food. Fiver is much worse since he's such a Mammy's boy and he tends to follow me everywhere and is literally glued to my feet! :lol:

It's not hijacking... It's lovely to share yellow giant news... :lol: It's one of my fav topics! ;)
I love the sound of Hattie :love: I wonder if the buns would get on.... Reggie is pretty laid back now he is settled, he is very shy when it comes to new situations... It took him days to go from the kitchen to living room by himself bless him, a couple of extra steps and sniffs a night: head and ears stretched as far forward as he could make them go: :lol:I keep the door of his crate open all the time, but he preferes to stay inside it on his fleece blanket/towel bed combo... that or he sneaks under the kitchen chairs! :lol:and hungry. He is always hungry! I feed him a handful or so of pellets day and night and then he has unlimited readigrass, hay and eating hay... but still he insists he is hungry... :shock:

Hope you like the piccies I added :wave: x

Aww thank you :oops:

He looks so young and fluffy , like a teddy :love:

Hattie has a bf and he is like your boy. I think sometimes opposites work, just like with people. Hats and Moss were bonded within 12 hours :love:

I personally would reduce the redigrass ( too much is bad for them, but I can't remember why :oops:) and increase the pellets. I feed to appetite. You can't really over feed baby giants ;)

Thank you :oops: I shall tell them they have a fan :lol:

Fiver is back to normal, munching his hay and food with gusto and racing about like an idiot again :lol: Thank you for asking :)

What's up with Daisy-Belle? :( It might be worth ringing a local bunny rescue to ask about bonding, they sometimes offer it for a donation. Depends where you live and what rescues are nearby. :thumb:

Reggie is absolutely STUNNING! :love: :love: I have always wanted a conti or flemish but simply don't have the room lol. If ever I get my own place and had no other animals, I'd be definitely considering offering one (or more likely, two! ;)) a home!

Sending vibes that his neuter goes well tomorrow.

My two both run around my feet in greeting and beg for treats/hay/food. Fiver is much worse since he's such a Mammy's boy and he tends to follow me everywhere and is literally glued to my feet! :lol:

I'm really glad Fiver is back to his normal bunny self... Seriously Hun, if you ever fancy putting a post up featuring bunny pics I would love to see... I think it's their markings that make me go all gooey over them... And their faces? *goo* :lol: Fiver's colours are similar to my rainbow bun Buddy... They are both adorable! :D

The situaation with Daisy:
Daisy Belle was bonded with Stanleigh... They were thick as thieves... Now Stanleigh is horrible to her...
:( she chases her away whenever I go near, humps her constantly, rarely lets her investigate the attached run, and on Daisy's left eyebrow, fur is missing... Only a tiny patch and she hasn't made it bleed etc. I just don't think Daisy is having the quality of life she deserves. She is such a placid, timid bun and Stanleigh walks all over her. In Stanleigh's defence, she is not spayed so I believe this is the reason... Poor girl going in soon, but I thought a better match for Daisy would be Harry... He is chilled and quiet... No telling what will happen when introduced though - it's a long shot but I gotta try. If Stanleigh calms down after her spay, I was wondering about bonding them as a trio but that is way down the line... If not, then I will ask for help from a rescue to see if she can find a bond. I wouldn't want to keep a lone bun but we shall see... Sorry to babble, it's just been a worry on the brain! :(

My Reggie is a mumma's boy too! ;)

P.s. Haribo is home... But he isn't nommimg yet. :( he gave me a filthy look and turned his back on me! Don't blame the poor little guy!

Aww thank you :oops:

He looks so young and fluffy , like a teddy :love:

Hattie has a bf and he is like your boy. I think sometimes opposites work, just like with people. Hats and Moss were bonded within 12 hours :love:

I personally would reduce the redigrass ( too much is bad for them, but I can't remember why :oops:) and increase the pellets. I feed to appetite. You can't really over feed baby giants ;)

Wow... I hope my attempt at bonding Daisy and Harry goes that smoothly. :love:

Thank you for the advice, seriously... There is so much out there and it is hard to know what the right thing is... The redigrass is available - handful a day which lasts all day... Reggie prefers just good old hay for nommimg. :lol: I'm definitely increasing his pellets though. And for that, I'm sure Reggie would say thank you! :lol: :thumb:

Love this thread, recently got 2 bunnies for my son thinking they r easy pets. Lmaooo!

Then woke upto 5 babies nearly two weeks ago. I
Love them all and I feel so sad but u guys makes me feel normal lol xxx

Back