• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting my new bun on Friday!! Yay. Need tips on toys etc as no front teeth :D

DwarfBuns

Warren Scout
I am so excited to be picking up my new baby bunny girl on Friday! I will be having her weighed so I know where she's at with regards to neutering & making sure she's over her tapeworm incident (Thanks Vets!). She is absolutely beautiful & is ok being held.. Although she's about 4/5 months old now & it's obvious that her Nethie personality is breaking through. Just 2 weeks ago she was happy to be held, manipulated etc.. But almost overnight she became a little Nethie ;) Haha. I love their spunky personalities! I was upset when Niles & Frasier stopped letting me hold them when they hit adolescence, even with regular handling. But it just makes it that little bit more special when I get to have cuddles. Niles has been letting me have a few little snuggles while moving him from cage to lounge <3

Annnyway, being a little Nethie, I would have given her lots of toys that would encourage her to throw things, chew things etc. But obviously she can't do these things! (Frasier was your typical grumpy Nethie, the best toys were ones that would get in his way & **** him off.. He would chew for England!) Little Daphne bun has no front teeth though so she can push toys with her paws & nose should she choose to, so maybe a little ball with a bell or something similar would be good? I also like the look of the living world (I think?) activity toys, where you hide goodies under cups & they have to find them. She love parsley & eats hay/nuggets without too much problem.

What else can I do to amuse her? She'll have lots of room to play in & explore within the house, but she can't be out all day so I need some fun things for her while she is in her cage. She'll be alone for a good couple of months at least while I wait to get her neutered & afterwards as well.

Also wondered if I should put her next to Niles straight away or wait for her to be neutered first? (As in cages next to each other.. Not like just putting her next to him! Lol).

Ohh, I am just so impatient. I miss her every day that I can't cuddle her. She's such a little beauty & I am so happy her personality is coming through now :D

Back