• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gardening for the Bunnies Thread

I didn't know bunnyies could have radisehs either! They are so easy to grow, it's a great one to try.
We are lucky cos we have a big hawthorn hedge on our boundary so the buns get alot of that in spring but the refuse to eat it come summer.
We're growing beetroot (can they have that?) cabbage and brocolli too, and we also have a couple of small apple trees which get the odd leave picked off in aid of bunny happiness!
I also read they can have parsnip too but none of my lot will touch them at all :?

They can have the root part but the leaves are high in some acid so should be give sparingly. I don't bother myself, you can cook beetroot leaves like spinach so we are going to give that a try.

This week the bunnies have been mostly eating:

Swiss chard

BinkyingStarJune11025.jpg

BinkyingStarJune11026.jpg

They dont get it all to themselves though as we've been eating a fair bit of it too. :)

They've all had a good go on the mint as well:

TwinkleStarGardenMay11096.jpg

TwinkleStarGardenMay11041.jpg

I grow veg at nursery and at home so Poppy is getting a bit spoilt:oops: I have got some mixed salad leaves and spinach but I only give her a bit at a time of that (did check on here first and all the leaves are safe). I'm growing parsley, mint, sage, carrots and lavender for her. Also cucumber (for all of us), Peas, Pansies (for autumn/winter). Ive got Peppers, Courgettes, Aubergines, Tomatoes etc that she cant eat also growing.

At work we have much the same but also lots of fruit trees/shrubs that I keep bringing the branches home for her to munch on. We also have a nature bit were the grass is really long so she gets plenty of that too:D

I'm racking my brains now though to work out what I can grow for her in winter to keep her in the manner she has become accustomed:lol::lol::lol:

I grow veg at nursery and at home so Poppy is getting a bit spoilt:oops: I have got some mixed salad leaves and spinach but I only give her a bit at a time of that (did check on here first and all the leaves are safe). I'm growing parsley, mint, sage, carrots and lavender for her. Also cucumber (for all of us), Peas, Pansies (for autumn/winter). Ive got Peppers, Courgettes, Aubergines, Tomatoes etc that she cant eat also growing.

At work we have much the same but also lots of fruit trees/shrubs that I keep bringing the branches home for her to munch on. We also have a nature bit were the grass is really long so she gets plenty of that too:D

I'm racking my brains now though to work out what I can grow for her in winter to keep her in the manner she has become accustomed:lol::lol::lol:

Sounds lovely. What a lucky bun.

I am growing quite a variety but its mostly in containers so its little and often round here. :)

I dont think much will continue growing through winter, but I know that swiss chard and broccoli can grow through autumn into winter. Brussels sprouts as well. I havent tried growing sprouts before but might give that a go at some point.

Sounds lovely. What a lucky bun.

I am growing quite a variety but its mostly in containers so its little and often round here. :)

I dont think much will continue growing through winter, but I know that swiss chard and broccoli can grow through autumn into winter. Brussels sprouts as well. I havent tried growing sprouts before but might give that a go at some point.

I have tried broccoli, cabbage and sprouts for a few years but find that the cabbage moths come and eat the lot once transplanted into pots:evil: Its lovely to see the caterpillars (or do they come under larvae??) as my youngest loves watching them...but its really disheartening when it all gets eaten:lol::lol::lol:

May try swiss chard though?? Bought some parsley seeds today which I can grow all winter, also winter carrots. I'm a bit of an amateur and often get it wrong and the whole lot dies:lol::lol:

Back