• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fur loss

rachw888

New Kit
Hiya this is possibly a daft question, but about 3 weeks ago I introduced a female UNSPAYED rabbit (toasty) to my neutered male (Egg)
It went unbelievably okay! no fighting, squabbling... muching away together curling up in the cold.
However, Egg now humps her alot. So she just hops about and accepts it, but now there is fur loss on her rear end.
I've had Egg since he was a bun but I got Toasty, who is also two, from a rescue. The lady at the rescue said that it did not matter if she was spayed or not but I'm wondering if she's possibly giving off pheromones or some other thing. Can anyone help? I really dont want Egg to be on his own again :(

Any advice would be lovely!

:wave: this happened to my female also,after a while she started nesting and pulling fur from her tummy and then from him..she been fine since i got her spayed though!
i would say to stop it spaying is the best option..it will also stop her getting unterine cancer.
hope this helps xx
someone more experienced should be along soon

Get your girl bunny spayed,it will help her health in the long term,uterine cancer etc.I have a six year old boy bunny(neutered) he still tries to hump our spayed girl ,who's three.Hovever she now just hops away and he forgets what he was trying to do...bless!:)

Back