• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frozen bottles

I have a tiny radiator in the shed which I switch on when it gets to almost freezing and it does the trick.

I know its not always possible and I dont know how people with hutches are coping.

This is just the start of a very long winter. Oh Hum :(

the spout was freezing on mine although the water was ok with the bottle cover. Wrapping a few layers of quarter inch wide masking tape part way down the length of the spout seems to have helped so far , as the spout hasnt frozen since ( and it's been really chilly here).

my bottle spouts freeze even if a bubble wrap them :( the poor bunnys get left with no water for the majority of the night :(

yesterday the bottle froze a little but the spout was solid!

is there anything that stops the spout freezing?

sorry just read the above post :oops:

I've also been putting some snow in a bowl so there's moisture even if the bottle freezes - no idea if she likes it but just a back up plan !

the spout was freezing on mine although the water was ok with the bottle cover. Wrapping a few layers of quarter inch wide masking tape part way down the length of the spout seems to have helped so far , as the spout hasnt frozen since ( and it's been really chilly here).

i will try this. :D

Mine froze on Friday and Saturday night (only used a sock). Tried some bubble wrap and a thick football sock last night and both were fine this morning luckily.

Hope it works again tomorrow otherwise I think I'm going just going to bring them inside before the week is over.

Back