• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frida ok - Zeb ill now

well Frida has spent most of the night running up and down the stairs and bouncing off gails head :lol:

shes eaten everything we left out for her supper and has left lots of poo all over the bedroom floor (normally a naughty offence but i'll let it go this time). some still are small but others appear normal.

off to the vets in a hour or so, will update then but it certainly seems like she's on the road to recovery

now zeb is being quiet :( but i think its because he's quite a sulky rabbit and used to running free downstairs most of the time. with us wanting to keep an eye on frida yesterday he didnt get much run time so im hoping he's trying to make me feel guilty. he hasnt eaten his supper but he doesnt always anyway but he's tucking into breakfast.

Oh no - really hoping Zeb is OK now!! Sounds so much like mine where one goes down then the other. My vet thinks it's E Cuniculi.

I have everything crossed for them both.

Saw my usual vet today with Frida, she says that the blockage seems to have shifted and she certainly is a lot perkier. She also attacked the vet which seems to indicate she's back to normal :lol:

She's given her another shot of gut motility stuff and sent me home with some maxolon to start tomorrow. She is eating tons now and pooing normally.

Sadly, Zeb has only done one dropping since last night to my knowledge, and isnt really eating. He's being quite quiet although he's not hunched up and has been hopping around. The vet said to try him with maxolon and see if it helped - if not, we've to bring him in to see her.

He did eat a few carrot tops and a bit of blackberry leaf earlier. At the moment he's sat looking a bit sorry for himself.

If he doesnt improve by tea time then we'll go to the vets.

I'm utterly mystified as to why both Frida and Zeb seemingly have the same thing. Although Frida's came on very quickly and she was a lot poorlier than Zeb seems - i cant understand why both of them are ill. And i would have considered that both of them had very healthy tummies. I am just wondering if the change in routine has caused this in Zeb - as i said before, we couldnt let him out of the kitchen yesterday due to Frida. Could he really be that sensitive to change?

Will keep updated.

Have you tried a tummy rub? They really seem to help mine shift some gas and some poos.

I'd strongly urge you to get your vet to explore the E cuniculi connection with this happening together like this - it's just like my 2. :( Sadly, mine have had stasis on and off for a year now, and I wish it had been picked up on sooner.

Really hoping they'll be OK.

So glad Frida is improving :)
Hopefully Zeb may just have a bit of a sulk on??? Hopefully it only this.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you all
Let us know how things go :)
xxx

angry, sulky and not very happy. he's eaten a bit more and also produced a few mis-shapen poos. he's still quiet but i've booked an appointment for 9.10am. gail is sleeping downstairs with him tonight - i'm on frida duty for another night. any change and we will take him to the emergency vets

we've given him some more maxolon just now and he's also just had a bit of a drink of water. earlier on he tried to attack gus and in the panic managed to produce a few more poos.

i did debate whether to take him back to the vets today but i thought i would give the maxolon a try.

frida has just done 2 large piles of poo and also bitten me so i think she's feeling much much better. she's having one more night in our bedroom as she spends most of the time running up and dowwn the stairs and the vet said it was good to keep her moving and stimulate her gut. we've been trying to do that with zeb and he has had a run round the garden.

will update tomorrow.

glad frida is feeling better and sending lots of vibes to poor zeb, hopefully he will be feeling better soon,

we have 3 poos this morning but he hasnt eaten much although he's bounding up and down the stairs as we speak. vets soon though so ill let you all know how it goes

frida back to normal for sure- she's also running around enjoying herself.

sarah.

Back