• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free range house bunnies?

What sort of house bunny do you have?

• Caged when unsupervised or in a bunny room?

Votes: 45 84.9%
  • Free range 24/7?

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
I didnt mind the currants everywhere (mostly on the sofa) as they are easy to clean, but I really didnt need to clean behind the computer desk - well actually I did cause I found loads & loads of dust as well as the wee :oops: so I ended up cleaning it all.

And I'd even brought them a present home tonight - a new dog bed as they slept on the door mat last night :rolleyes:

I didnt mind the currants everywhere (mostly on the sofa) as they are easy to clean, but I really didnt need to clean behind the computer desk - well actually I did cause I found loads & loads of dust as well as the wee :oops: so I ended up cleaning it all.

And I'd even brought them a present home tonight - a new dog bed as they slept on the door mat last night :rolleyes:

oops looks like they got you wrapped around thier little paws already :lol: :lol:

How could I not be? :love:

DSCN0725.jpg

i knowwwwwwwwww i remeber them gorgoeus buns from sharing neuture day with Alvin and peanut........ id let them get away with murder :lol: :lol:

I've never had chance to bunny proof the whole house so they stay in my large living room. Apart from when they escape :rolleyes:
They did start to spend more time out and about but Roxy started weeing and pooing everywhere so I've limited them to the front room now with occasional jaunts. If I could sort it out I'd love to have them totally free range. Its just abit difficult living in a rented place with tasty wood chip everywhere.

ive been lucky, Stewy has full run of downstairs when I am home and when I pop out for a few hours. At night he has the kitchen with a dog crate and litter tray. If I am only popping out for a short time I can leave my dog and Stewy together - hopefully I will be able to do this all the time. Just getting my dog's trust still. Stewy only did poo's on his first few house bunny nights(scent marking), havent had any wee's and I introduced a second litter tray in the lounge which he took to very fast. Not chewed anything but he is a very quiet house bunny and rarely has any contact with me and spends most of his day sleeping in his litter tray!

L x

Aww -it does seem like Alvin, Acorn, Hazel and Peanut have a special bond, even if they've never met.

But I dead chuffed as I've just caught Acorn using his new bed - he hasnt just turned his nose up at it like he did with the vetbed :)

DSCN0844.jpg

ive been lucky, Stewy only did poo's on his first few house bunny nights(scent marking), havent had any wee's and I introduced a second litter tray in the lounge which he took to very fast. Not chewed anything but he is a very quiet house bunny and rarely has any contact with me and spends most of his day sleeping in his litter tray!

L x

These are the first misplaced wee's I've had - they've been in the house in the evenings since I got them in July. But today they 'got separated' from their litter tray and their bladder control just wasnt that good :rolleyes: And they must have been hungry to eat the plant cause they've never tried that before either (or at least that particular plant - they normally try to get to the cactus)

Aww -it does seem like Alvin, Acorn, Hazel and Peanut have a special bond, even if they've never met.

But I dead chuffed as I've just caught Acorn using his new bed - he hasnt just turned his nose up at it like he did with the vetbed :)

DSCN0844.jpg

awww he looks well settled there :) :love:

i knowwwwwwwwww i remeber them gorgoeus buns from sharing neuture day with Alvin and peanut........ id let them get away with murder :lol: :lol:

lol oh i remember that day. the little ****** ripped himself open, cost me £130 in vet bills to re glue him back together, and he had 2 stay in my room for a week! (he made SO much noise) he also pulled the lampshade round his face and nearly strangled himself!

the good bit was one night i opened up the cage so he cud have a little wander (my rooms only small so it wasnt much exericse lol) but i fell asleep! my mum came in and hes curled up against me asleep! she said it was he cutest thing shed ever seen, hes jumped on my bed.

he had chewed my duvet aswell though:(

Back