• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddy is in a coma/ Binky free brave boy, he has left us

I don't know what words of comfort I can offer other than to say my thoughts are with you. As they say it never rains but it pours - at least there'll be sunshine after this downpour.

This is probably of no comfort to you at all but I had something similar recently with one of my rats. I booked him into the vets for the same reason and he passed away the night before I took him. It was a relief to me that I had made the right call and could be theer with him when it happened and that he was comfortable in his own surroundings.

Good luck tonight with little Freddy, sounds like you are doing an amazing job at keeping him comfortable.

:)

It's a hard balancing act with what she needs and he needs and what you need. She's very lucky to have her feelings respected-that takes a special person, especially in situations like this.

She has lay with him and washed him, but now rightly or wrongly I have taken him out as she was standing on him a bit. I have brought him down with me and he is craddled in my arms as I type.

I will take him back up to her once he has passed

She has lay with him and washed him, but now rightly or wrongly I have taken him out as she was standing on him a bit. I have brought him down with me and he is craddled in my arms as I type.

I will take him back up to her once he has passed

You've done what you think is right, which means there is no 'rightly or wrongly'. You've done what you think is best, which is all anyone can do.

He will appreciate the closeness he will get from you, I'm sure.

that is so sad. i'm so sorry liz, at least he knows someone has cared for him. really hope he passes peacefully. :cry:

He's gone :cry:

We have been sitting here going back through the forum looking at all his prictures and I have been telling him how happy he looked in them. I had just got as far back as a video of him playing taken by Helen who orginally had him, when he took his last breath.

Although watching him pass wasn't very pleasant I am glad we spent the last 15 minutes together reminissing about old times :love:

Really sorry Liz. At least he went in your arms knowing he was loved. I'm glad you got th echance to be with him when he passed and had chance to think about the good times you had together.

He's a very lucky bunny.

Hopefully knowing you were with him all the way will bring you some comfort too.

*big hugs Liz*

I hope Tegan does ok and can accept what has happened. It sounds like she probably knew though.

Binky Free Freddy.

So sorry Liz :( It really sounds to me as if he wanted it this way, and after enjoying such a happy life with you, he passed away surrounded by your warmth, love and care. RIP beautiful Freddy xxx

Liz he was so lucky to have someone as devoted and loving as you to spend his last few minutes with.

Binky free Feddy.x

What a beautiful way for him to go:cry::) Wish everyone and everything could with so much love and care, right until the very end:cry:

I'm so sorry.
I hope it is a comfort that as he passed he was comfortable and surrounded by those who loved him xx

Back