• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frances Harcourt-Brown 2017 Owners Days U/D P821 - next event 16 September 2017

i'd of stayed longer at the end but the bus was due so couldn't really miss that as its only once an hour and that one was the 2nd to last of the night, ha didn't want to get stuck in a random village

Hi Dave .... the village was quite random at 8pm last night and I didn't have my mobile phone ... :shock:
Glad you got home OK. It was nice to see your smiling face when I arrived and you were the only one there :D

Hi Dave .... the village was quite random at 8pm last night and I didn't have my mobile phone ... :shock:
Glad you got home OK. It was nice to see your smiling face when I arrived and you were the only one there :D

Ha that was my OCD about not wanting to be late kicking in so I was there mega early, I was sat outside on the grass reading my Kindle in the rain when Nigel pulled up to set up and said am I here for the rabbits, he then said you don't have to sit outside in the rain come in, I hadn't thought about going in so early thought it would have been cheeky but they were really nice

Was really good meeting everyone I spoke to I'm hoping she does some more talks once she has recovered from yesterday :lol:

It was great wasn't it. My expectations were high but more than fully met :) I have always trusted Frances implicitly, having the reasoning / evidence explained in lecture format was brilliant. Still getting my fuzzy little brain to put all the pieces together. I'd like future lectures to cover EC.

I loved the event and I learned loads. There was a lot to take in and I will have to review my notes at some point. It was nice meeting some people that I already knew and some new ones like Mighty Max, House of rabbit and Kavanne. Unfortunately I was too tired to socialize much.

Parsnip bun, the bunnies want to thank you for the forage, the willow twigs and the hay. They showed their appreciation by demolishing the lot. I did not introduce myself. I am the one with the dodgy accent. I did not manage to buy your book as I was so busy buying stuff for the bunnies and eating lovely cake that the books were sold out by the time I got around to try to get one. I will be ordering a copy online.

I think my key takeaway message from the day was 'diet matters a lot, but not necessarily in the way you think or for the reasons you think'!

I think my key takeaway message from the day was 'diet matters a lot, but not necessarily in the way you think or for the reasons you think'!

Definitely this. I found the bit on calcium content very interesting, especially the vast quantities of 'high calcium' veg they would need to eat to exceed the RDA. That's something I am going to be less hung up about in future.

I'm cross at myself for not being braver and approaching people and asking if they were from RU. I was almost sure I knew who Captain Helen was, but wasn't brave enough to approach and ask. I think Dave81 was sat in front of me, on the same row as Dumblepaws, but again I wasn't brave enough to ask. :roll:

It would have been nice to have met you MightyMax, I hadn't realised that you were going.

Definitely this. I found the bit on calcium content very interesting, especially the vast quantities of 'high calcium' veg they would need to eat to exceed the RDA. That's something I am going to be less hung up about in future.

I'm cross at myself for not being braver and approaching people and asking if they were from RU. I was almost sure I knew who Captain Helen was, but wasn't brave enough to approach and ask. I think Dave81 was sat in front of me, on the same row as Dumblepaws, but again I wasn't brave enough to ask. :roll:

It would have been nice to have met you MightyMax, I hadn't realised that you were going.

Another time Tracy :thumb:

Someone pointed you out at the very end (can't remember who) but I couldn't get across the hall to speak with you.
Would have liked to say hello!

I didn't mind going around asking people if they were from RU - it's how I met most of the people :wave:

I thought it was fantastic and really enjoyed it, was well worth the £40 , it was lovely to see you Tracy and Denise again , I would have loved to have met Santa and Mighty Max and Buddy Bunny I was sat right at the back of the hall. :D

Oh where were you I would have loved to have met you dumblepaws :(

I was at the front on the right (facing the stage) with Bunny Buddy and Rabbit April and HouseofRabbit, and I believe Dumblepaws was front left ...

I would love to have met you too Tuckerbunny ..... I read so much about the wonderful stuff you do .... xx

Finally got back home at 1am but all the driving was definitely worth it. Great meeting everyone I did and hope to meet those of you I missed at another course hopefully. :wave:

I was at the front on the right (facing the stage) with Bunny Buddy and Rabbit April and HouseofRabbit, and I believe Dumblepaws was front left ...

I would love to have met you too Tuckerbunny ..... I read so much about the wonderful stuff you do .... xx

Aww Thank You, I was so hoping to meet so many off RU and I wore my Tuckerbunnies logo top thinking people would see it and come up and say hello but it didn't happen :lol: , I saw
Rabbit April as I bought one of the forage books off her so I could have walked past you . xx

Captain Helen and I were also front row on the right (if facing the stage) I was next to the aisle and Helen next to me.

I didn't realise HouseofRabbit was in our location - I bet you were the one asking about vet treatment for blockage.

In that case I've realised that RedFraggle and Captain Helen were directly in front of my line of vision to where Frances was standing. :oops: Not like Captain Helen's hair is distinctive, or anything.:oops:

Phew. I'm still catching up on jobs after my epic outing yesterday.
Frances was mesmerising and the hours flew by and afternoon turned into evening.
I was very interested in the talk on teeth and how problems are largely related to diet.
I also agree the the immobility thing , if it is done for the right reasons with the right type of bunny, as she said not all personalities would be sutible candidates.
Thank you Bunny Buddy for spotting me and inviting me to sit with you, and MightyMax whom I had never met before but she was lovely.
I did want to see Captain Helen and have a word about Misty but sadly I didn't see her or Hannah from camp nibble as I wanted to pass on a message from Reggie.
Sorry folks I soon ran out of foraging books I had been asked to sell, I hadn't been given as many as I thouht but I do hope you will buy them from Rwaf on line. There are lots of other people I didn't get to meet that I would have liked to.
I would just like to add the small village of Hampsthwaite is so picturesque and well worth a visit I intend to go back one day with my dogs.
Thanks Twigs my piggies love the hay I bought from you.
I would attend another one of these talks if FHB has any more planned

I didn't realise HouseofRabbit was in our location - I bet you were the one asking about vet treatment for blockage.

Yep, that was me :wave: It was great being being able to ask about blockages and understand more about what happened to Quinn last year. Really learnt a lot from this course, had a couple of "ahah, so that's why" moments.

I managed to take a couple of photos in the break when everyone went for tea and cake and a photo of my 'Lemon cake' which was just delicious and I brought some home with me :lol:

Back