• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foxie is ill. U/D feeling much better! :D

Oh Foxie! This made me cry at work!

I hope he is feeling much much better now and you had a good trip to the vet.

I hope YOU are feeling better too.

I love Foxie so much. I don't know what it is about him (other than he's the same colour as Jaff) but I really fell for him as soon as I saw a picture.

Lots of love to everyone, especially poor poorly little Foxie. :love::love::love:

Sending lots of vibes. If he's still eating I too would wait to see the normal vet. It's so stressful when they're a bit "off". I hope everything works out ok :wave:.

I hope that Foxie will soon be feeling better. It does sound as though his Respiratory Infection has now spread to his ear(s).

Oh Foxie! This made me cry at work!

I hope he is feeling much much better now and you had a good trip to the vet.

I hope YOU are feeling better too.

I love Foxie so much. I don't know what it is about him (other than he's the same colour as Jaff) but I really fell for him as soon as I saw a picture.

Lots of love to everyone, especially poor poorly little Foxie. :love::love::love:

Oh KMazzy! :cry: Really sorry I made you cry at work but I'm really grateful that you care so much! :love:

And to everyone else too, it really means a lot! :love: I was in a bit of a state last night, and I was fearing the worst, but he is now much better.

We took him to the vet, and she didn't explain things that well but she said that she see's a little 'white' in his ear (which I assume means the infection has spread). His little nose has lost all the fur around the outside because of all the horrid discharge :(

But he was much chirpier still. The vet has given us 2 weeks of Septrim, more Bisolven and we have the Metacam. I was a bit forceful about whether or not that's the best they could do because they previously mentioned injections, but apparently the bacteria he has are not all effected by the injections but Septrim and Baytril should work on all of them. She said that Jason was the bunny expert (as we know) so bring Foxie back in in a week when Jason gets home so he can re-evaluate him and check that his current treatment is the best. If Jason thinks this is the best course we'll get more Septrim and just keep going with that. If Jason says it is time to get a Nebuliser then we'll do that. I don't understand the situation well enough to know.

On the journey home he started chattering his teeth :( The only time I've ever heard a bunny teeth chatter was when my old rabbit Snowy had EC and he had really bad urine scalds on his legs and head tilt- it was the time after 2 years of him getting better and getting worse we decided to stop treatment and have him PTS. The fact that Foxie is teeth chattering because of this is horrible, but hopefully the medicine will kick in soon and he'll feel much better.

As soon as we put him in the run he ran to his bed area of the hutch and just stayed there. He has fresh water, cucumber (one of his faves and good for dehydration), pellets and his wifey. We also got some lush smelling green oat hay at the vets and I put some of that by him and put in some fresh meadow hay too. He's not touched any of it yet though, so I'm going to keep checking. This morning I syringe fed him some water (not by force, he laps at it) just to make sure he was still drinking and he had quite a bit. He's had his medicine, some of which was in water, quite well so I think he's ok with drinking still.

Just went out to check and he's had some pellets. :D

All is looking up.

Once again thanks everyone! :love:

Septrim is great stuff!

Keep him on the antibiotics constantly until a long while after all symptoons go, if they go. We rotate Grim's antibiotics every sis months or so as the bacteria become resistant. He's been on pretty much everything.

I really, really reccommend a nebuliser if you haven't got one. I stick the nozzle in a carry case with a towel over it to make a steam box and Grim goes in there for half an hour a day with saline solution and a drop of F10 solution. It makes so much difference to his breathing. That, combined with the right two antibiotics keeps his nose clear, although the infection is still tehre inside, and keeps him comfortable. But in this weather he's suffereing a bit more too. I'm convinced it's to do with the cage in air pressure, when we get these big storms blow over etc.

And of course always use metacam, it stops the inflammation inside and really helps so much.

I have been clicking refresh all morning waiting for an update!

I'm glad Foxie seems more himself. Poor little fellow. I hope the medicine works and he starts feeling more like his cheeky little self soon. He does so well to stay naughty and funny with all his health issues.

I also hope you're feeling better. It must have been a terrible worry. I'm actually quite glad I didn't see this last night or I'd have been worrying too. Is is weird to worry so much about someone else's rabbit?

I have been clicking refresh all morning waiting for an update!

I'm glad Foxie seems more himself. Poor little fellow. I hope the medicine works and he starts feeling more like his cheeky little self soon. He does so well to stay naughty and funny with all his health issues.

I also hope you're feeling better. It must have been a terrible worry. I'm actually quite glad I didn't see this last night or I'd have been worrying too. Is is weird to worry so much about someone else's rabbit?

Aww that's so nice! :)
It always amazes me how he can be such a cheeky, hyper pain in the **** when he's actually quite poorly sometimes. I mean, even on a good day when he runs around like a nutcase you can hear his little chest rattling :(

Not weird at all, more like wonderful! :love: I am so tired from tossing and turning all night and worrying about him. I really want to nap but I have loads to do before I start my new job. I can't get off RU though!

He's still hiding in his bed area, he hasn't come out. But when I'm ill I like to be in the dark in my bed- safe, warm and sleepy. So I don't see why rabbits should be any different.

I'm going to take a couple of photos of his poor snotty little face later.

Aww that's so nice! :)
It always amazes me how he can be such a cheeky, hyper pain in the **** when he's actually quite poorly sometimes. I mean, even on a good day when he runs around like a nutcase you can hear his little chest rattling :(

Not weird at all, more like wonderful! :love: I am so tired from tossing and turning all night and worrying about him. I really want to nap but I have loads to do before I start my new job. I can't get off RU though!

He's still hiding in his bed area, he hasn't come out. But when I'm ill I like to be in the dark in my bed- safe, warm and sleepy. So I don't see why rabbits should be any different.

I'm going to take a couple of photos of his poor snotty little face later.

Yay photos! Jaff is still moulting like crazy, so in a huff with me so I've not taken any pics lately. Also this morning a big chunk broke off one of my teeth and I was so preoccupied with it that I accidentally went in to see the buns without taking them any veg and Ren was so not impressed! I got a big stamp from her and when I returned with some greens and kale Jaffy jumped up my legs and furred my trousers up.

I'm glad you don't think it's weird. I'm not some crazy rabbit stalker.
Are you going to get a nebuliser like Jenova suggested?

When does your new job start?

Yay photos! Jaff is still moulting like crazy, so in a huff with me so I've not taken any pics lately. Also this morning a big chunk broke off one of my teeth and I was so preoccupied with it that I accidentally went in to see the buns without taking them any veg and Ren was so not impressed! I got a big stamp from her and when I returned with some greens and kale Jaffy jumped up my legs and furred my trousers up.

I'm glad you don't think it's weird. I'm not some crazy rabbit stalker.
Are you going to get a nebuliser like Jenova suggested?

When does your new job start?

Hahaha, oh dear! Stampy little Ren! :lol: How dare you go see them without food?! ;)

We're going to see how this goes, because a nebuliser is quite a big expense. If Jason says it's time we will, but last time he said he didn't think we were at the point where we need one yet. We'd want a good one if we got one so it needs to be an investment.

It's in a school, so September. :) I went and quit my old job before having a guaranteed new one so I've been bored witless for the last couple of months doing volunteering and playing with rabbits! I'm learning Makaton Sign Language and Speech Therapy techniques as 'research' this summer, and I still have some paperwork to sort + I still haven't sorted through all my junk from uni even though I came back to England in October :oops: At least I have lots to occupy my mind! But I can check on Foxie regularly and not be panicking at work. Slightly off topic that :lol:

Thank you for caring enough to check in.
The vibes are doing wonders! He is now FINALLY out and about a bit. :D :love:

Yay. It's good to get support on here, I know I've needed it quite a lot over the past 10 months.

I hate reading these threads sometimes - usually skip to the end (bad I know) - but I am so pleased little Foxie is perking up - that is great news:thumb:

Back