• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox got in :-(

No he didn't appear to get bitten - neither of them did, it was a small cub and was just mostly chasing them whilst shrieking. I don't think it really knew what to do with them.

Thank god the fox didn't know what it was doing! Hopefully with it being a young fox it won't think to return for the other. I hope you and your son are ok and your other bun is recovering from this awful ordeal.

How scary for the bunnys :( I got indoor rabbits but patches is going to come with us to our in laws soon on some days so he can roam in teh garden and if i ever see a fox i will seriously boot it!!!!

Just to update you all... As predicted my son bawled his eyes out well into the night. We are planting a pot of Basil over Basil's grave.

Bolt perked up a bit - he can hop around OK now although was very wobbly at first. But he's not eating much at all. Today all he's had is a few carrot shavings, a small amount of hay, nibbled a bit of grass and literally a couple of pellets - looks like he is having trouble pooing too - he won't go at all in his cage and waits til you put him outside but then he's straining like mad and grunting. He hates being inside and only perks up when I put him on the grass for a bit. But he looks so sad.

Any more advice - does he need to go back to vets? What foods should I try him with - apart from nibbling the grass, he will only eat when I put it right under him. He is drinking plenty tho - again only when I offer it.

Thanks for you help everyone.

Just to update you all... As predicted my son bawled his eyes out well into the night. We are planting a pot of Basil over Basil's grave.

Bolt perked up a bit - he can hop around OK now although was very wobbly at first. But he's not eating much at all. Today all he's had is a few carrot shavings, a small amount of hay, nibbled a bit of grass and literally a couple of pellets - looks like he is having trouble pooing too - he won't go at all in his cage and waits til you put him outside but then he's straining like mad and grunting. He hates being inside and only perks up when I put him on the grass for a bit. But he looks so sad.

Any more advice - does he need to go back to vets? What foods should I try him with - apart from nibbling the grass, he will only eat when I put it right under him. He is drinking plenty tho - again only when I offer it.

Thanks for you help everyone.

Vets asap

- either he is sufferring from gut stasis as a result of stress (which is very likely and can kill very quickly), or he has some internal injury.

either need the vets very soon.

Ensure they give painkiller as well as gut motility treatment as well as looking for other injuries

good luck

Vets asap

- either he is sufferring from gut stasis as a result of stress (which is very likely and can kill very quickly), or he has some internal injury.

either need the vets very soon.

Ensure they give painkiller as well as gut motility treatment as well as looking for other injuries

good luck

^ ^ That!!!

I hope he feels better soon :(

Back