• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found two Rabbits!!!!

I haven't heard anything back yet but the local vets opens in about 10 minutes so I will ring them and take them up to see if they are chipped and for a general checkup. The post on FB has been shared quite a few times now that people are awake so hopefully they will be home soon enough :)

They do look very cute - let's hope they've escaped or been stolen and dumped...unfortunately it's very common, especially at this time of year, for people to dump their own pet rabbits rather than find someone to look after them while the family goes on their summer holidays :( They sound adorable, well done for catching them.

They do look very cute - let's hope they've escaped or been stolen and dumped...unfortunately it's very common, especially at this time of year, for people to dump their own pet rabbits rather than find someone to look after them while the family goes on their summer holidays :( They sound adorable, well done for catching them.

I really hope that isn't the case here :( If they're not microchipped then I'm considering knocking on a few doors in the street that I found them in. We saw them on the pavement and thought that they were cats and then they ran (hopped!) into the road. So we are hoping that considering they were still together that they hadn't got very far.

They are absolutely adorable :love:...what sweethearts and I'm so pleased you saw them when you did.

Good luck at the vets.

If I were you I'd be hoping their owner won't come forward :oops: they are lovely :love:

:lol: My heart is thinking exactly this. I do actually want one more Rabbit for my boy, Billy but I can't have another two. That would be 5 in a Terraced House!
I'm a little bit shocked that someone hasn't come forward yet. I honestly thought that I'd wake up to some manic message from a fellow crazy bunny lady missing her babies but there has been absolutely nothing yet. I've rang all the local vets, posted on facebook to all of my friends and in the lost and found groups.. I'll be devastated if they have been dumped :(

If they have been dumped, then it could have been the best thing that's happened to them :) if someone is willing to dump their rabbits I'm going to assume they didn't look after them particularly well in the first place

You raise a good point! But they do seem well looked after. They have a nice coat, they are a nice weight, nails are nice and short and they are very friendly too so i'm keeping everything crossed for a happy ending.

Have you listed them with local rescue centres? If I lost a bunny I would ring them in case someone had found my bun and taken her there. I've also listed pets I've found with the police and put a notice in the local paper (it's free for 'found' items). Not everyone has internet access or facebook, even these days.

They are adorable though. When a kitten turned up at mine I ended up falling in love with her and being pleased no one claimed her. I still have her now - Pippa - my Cat Of Very Little Brain :) - who is the most gorgeous, gentle, loving furball :love:

She was devastated and she came into the vets crying her eyes out. They are house rabbits and she left the door open because it was too hot for them. She fell asleep on the sofa and when she woke up they were gone.
She rang the vets just after me this morning and was told that someone might have them but she didn't know how they were so she's very very happy that they are well :)
She obviously loves them, they were very well kept and such friendly rabbits. It was actually quite an emotional moment, I got a bit teary myself. She just seemed so relieved.

Last edited:
What a lovely happy ending :love: and you got to have fun whilst doing a good thing - ever bun is a winner

Back