• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fosterers needed

Thats brilliant Sally! You and Chloe are stars, well done!!

Poor things.What were the conditions like?

Bunnies now collected by the lovely Chloe and her o/h Andy...he's very good with the buns, and they told me all about their lovely set up
*turns slightly green with envy*

Buns with Chloe:
Rocky, ginger male, lop, 3yrs
Trixie, dutch female, 18months
Simba, harlequin lop female, 3 yrs
Buttons, dutch female 18 months, possibly pregnant
Unnamed baby dutch female.

(Chloe and Andy confirmed my sexing, I was a bit anxious, being aware of the dangers if I was wrong :shock: )

Rocky has a bit of a sticky eye, others all seem ok

Just a quick update .... All five buns are settled with me for now. Jill has already had a Buttons and Rocky through Honeybunnys so have renamed Rocky Frazer and Buttons is now Pebbles. Have called the baby dutch Laila - awaiting an ok from Jill that she hasn't had a Laila already!!

Frazer is being treated with eye ointment for his sticky eyes but the concerning thing is that he has a lump on his neck - the vet is treating it as an absess for now but going back Sat for another check having had him on antibiotics for the last week. Pebbles is not pregnant as far as the vet can tell, just very overweight. The other three are ok. All five buns are nervous and not keen on being handled but only Trixie is actually agressive, biting my sleeve and holding on but she is getting better. I tried them on A & P but they were used to mix so had to go to pet shop and get some mix ( :oops: ) but they seem to have given SS the ok so am gradually weaning them onto that - Frazer is completely happy with SS now, he didn't eat or drink anything except a couple of bits of carrots for the first couple of days but is chomping madly on hay now. Here's a few pics of them......

Frazer (Robust 3year old, slightly over weight ginger lop)

CIMG7181.jpg

Simba (Slightly over weight 3year old, harlequin lop x)

CIMG7166.jpg

Trixie (18 month old, slightly over weight, black and white dutch)

CIMG7170.jpg

Laila (13 week old black and white dutch)

CIMG7172.jpg

Pebbles (18 month old, very over weight!, chocolate and white dutch)

CIMG7176.jpg

They are beautiful bunnies... have read all the thread are you keeping them or fostering ?
Good on you for caring for them.

:D Definately fostering!! Although Frazer is so saft you have to love him! Jill is going to rehome them through Honeybunnys when she has the space.

Frazer is a cutie isn't he ? So did you take in all the bunnies or did someone else foster ?
Must be so hard when you give them back but if you don't give them back you can't foster anymore..
I've got 2 house buns & an outdoor hutch oh yeah & a poppy playhouse/Run so hopefully will start fostering myself soon. :D

Well done by the way for fostering these buns.
Karen x

Tupperwarequeen picked up seven and she is looking after two baby buns and I have the remaining 5. Fostering is great and it is hard giving them up but so great when they find a home, especially when the people who adopt them keep in touch and you see them doing well. I got a Christmas card from two I adopted out and I was so touched. 5 of my buns were fostered by people on this forum and I love keeping in touch and letting them know how they are doing.

Back