• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FORAGE IDENTIFICATION:SEE POST 133 FOR UPDATE re 31st May!

I'm definitely interested.

Dave81..if you can get the train down to Newark, then I could pick you up from there and take you the rest of the way.

The only date I wouldn't be able to do is 8 May.

Last edited:
I'd definitely be up for it and think the price is more than reasonable! I love foraging but have a very limited 'safe' list of about 6 things and would love to get more confident at my plant ID and expanding my range of items. Is it for RU people only or can the invitation be extended depending on interest etc? I've got a couple of RWA friends who don't 'do' the internet who I think I would be interested in coming along.

I would to come, sadly I won't be able to as too far for me. Watching this post eagerly....as my cottage garden has all sorts of plant life growing in it...and I haven't got a clue what most of it is......and if it is okay for my furry family to eat.

Now confirmed

Ok - I have spoken to the people at the council who arrange for the bridlepaths to be cut and they have no idea when it will happen but say unlikely in next few weeks - but more likely start June. If they do cut we will simply walk elsewhere- I mean its not as though I am not surrounded by countryside!

I have also decided to go with Sundays as several people said that is easier for them

So - I am going to suggest that we do the dates of Sunday 17th May and Sunday 31st May. Hopefully we will get enough people that we can fill both!

Booking will be by EMAIL to me on twigsway@me.com - please state date preferred.

and payment will be paypal in advance £35 incl lunch etc

When you email me I will email back a short 'form' asking for name, details, any dietary or other requirements etc etc. and giving details of location and timetable for the day.

If anyone wants to spread this beyond RU PLEASE do so!!! Bunny Buddy maybe you could help with your amazing contacts list!! I will try and get something on Facebook via Parsley Piert's facebook (which is confusingly in my name as Facebook deleted my facebook and my name got attached to his facebook page!!!).

It may be a short while before it goes up on facebook as I have to do some work now!!

PS Talya has offered to collect people at station if people dont have a car -

Tabithakat - there will be walking I am afraid in some sessions - do you want to email me about what is possible for you and what not?

I can't do 17 May :( Running a half marathon.

I might be able to do 31 May, if you get enough people to run it again.

what a brilliant idea. could you put photo's on this website of the plants we can pick that are safe for bunny. i wish i was closer. i go out everyday looking for food when i take my dog out, but i always come back with dandelions, milk thistle and chickweed. same oh same oh. chickweed for my chickens.
please please could you take photo's so i know what else i can pick. 8):wave:

For just £4 you can get Twigs' excellent 'foraging for rabbits' book which has loads of photos, descriptions and other info which I'm sure you'd find really helpful. It's available in the RWAF shop http://shop.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/product/foraging-for-rabbits-by-twigs-way/

I'm just canvassing various people on the best date so will book soon - will hopefully join Boudicca et al on the 31st :D

Santa thats great - thank you for that - Parking is our main issue here hence the 12 people only - so if people car share or anything things might be easier!

what a brilliant idea. could you put photo's on this website of the plants we can pick that are safe for bunny. i wish i was closer. i go out everyday looking for food when i take my dog out, but i always come back with dandelions, milk thistle and chickweed. same oh same oh. chickweed for my chickens.

Hi Rita - really the thread is about the Forage days so I think its best kept for that - there is a book RWAF publish (by me) on foraging so that would probably be the best thing for you . . its available on the RWAF website

I've put down for the 17th, I've also booked a hotel the day before so that I can relax rather than rush to get there, just means the bunnies will get extra hay and water put down, they will have to survive on their own :lol:

I'll book for 31st when I get home later. OH would like to go but we don't want to take 2 places at the expense of someone else missing out, so will book for me and add him nearer the time if there is still space.

Back