• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Following on from the mxy thread - vhd

Do you vaccs against vhd?

• Yes

Votes: 49 94.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other - please advise

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
VHD once a year, definitely. I always feel guilty that the myxi vacc isn't available here, so I make sure I am on top of the VHD vacc.

mine get everything VHD vac once a year and mxyi twice a year :D plus casper goes for a teeth check up every 3 months :wave:

I was given baaad advice but Lucky is going in the day after tomorrow for his myxi - the other one will be 2 weeks later.

I have no idea what my vet recommends as I changed vets and just booked the buns in for what they needed. I would assume that they recommend VHD annually as they use Lapinject so must know something.

My vet uses Cylap - does that mean they are rubbish? :shock: I've paid for the jab but he's only just had his myxi so we need to wait.

My vet uses Cylap - does that mean they are rubbish? :shock: I've paid for the jab but he's only just had his myxi so we need to wait.

My vet uses cyclap and we never have had any problems, as with all meds some buns have different effects to others doesn't mean that the products bad as such just it doesn't suit your bun.

We get ours done every year although this year I have just been recommened myxi jabs twice so they go later in month. The rest of the time was just yearly.

I answered yes, but should have voted "other", as I vaccinate all my healthy rabbits, but those that are either compromised health wise, or are frail elderly buns then I don't risk it.

Back