• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

folding run for the lawn

Lynseypvic

Young Bun
Hi

Our rabbit has been having free access to our lawn under supervision. Now its getting colder, we want to get a run so she can graze grass and we can close the doors and stay inside whil t she plays! Lavender has to share the garden with the kids and we have a few play things, so there isn't really space for a permenant run. We have a couple of areas where we could put a run but we would need to move it to get in the shed (as it woudl have to go against it) and the other area takes up the space where the kids put their small paddling pool or toys in the summer. So can anyone recommend a folding one?

This one looks great for folding(folds right down -going by the photo), but we could go a bit bigger than this for a folding run. Also, do you think it would be high enough (20 inches)?
The other problem is that lavender is hard to get hold of, so i need a run where i can at least get most of me in so that i can grab her. I also want enough space to be able to lean in and put her down as she panics when you lower her.I don't know if you would get a big enough top opening with a folding run.

I came across this, which is not a folding run, but the lid folds right back, so i can imagine being able to safely put her in and out:
http://stores.channeladvisor.com/Th...x 4ft x 2ft Rabbit Guinea Pig Run Folding Lid

I doubt i am going to get something which is folding and also has a large opening part, but i would love to find something suitable. I would be grateful for any recommendations.

many thanks
Lynsey

I got mine from Ebay but it doesn't have the opening panel on it like the one in the link.

This one's finishing soon, but they have them as a Buy It Now in the shop too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-x-4-x-2-Fol...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

The whole lid of mine opens up but there's also a hatch in the top. Alfie is very easy to pick up and I can get him in and out through the access hatch because he comes to me to be picked up but it would be possible to lift the whole lid right back and get inside the run if you have a bun that is harder to catch.

I got a great run from an ebay seller. It is 8x6 with a removable lid and folds totally flat so that I can move it around single-handedly. I don't think 20" is high enough for a rabbit run. All my runs are at least 30" high which gives the buns room to stretch up and also sit up comfortably on top of the boxes I put in for them. Here's a pic:
NEWRUN.jpg

Edited to add: Another plus for this run is that it comes already screwed together..no assembly required..you just pull it out of its flat box and put it up immediately:lol:

Last edited:
aww, these are great. just the sort of thing i was hoping to find.

With the second one, i don't suppose you still have any details for the person who sells them on ebay?

Many, many thanks
Lynsey

Hi

Had a look on ebay but couldn't find any runs higher than 2ft. I can live with 2ft, but like the other poster said, higher would be better so that we can add more things and really encourage her to exercise when in the permenant run.

Does anyone know of a run which is 6ft x 4 and has a trap door, or whole panel can be removed - on the 6ft side? I have seen runs where you can attach the 4ft side to an existing hutch, but not the 6ft side. It would also need to have another access door on one of the other sides so that she can come and go out the run and into the garden when allowed free access. She doesn't like being picked up and i want her to be able to come out herself.

Then maybe we can find a way of securely fixing it to the whole front of the existing hutch/run combi but so that i can detatch it for cleaning each day.

I would also need the lid to come off or fold back a lot as our rabbit would not come to be picked up, so i would have to get in and get her if i needed to without detaching the hole thing.

If it was folding, it would be even better!!!:D I could also switch it over to the lawn for her. In which case, i would definitely need a big opening to pick her up.

Thanks
Lynsey

Hi Lynsey I asked for the run to be made that height. I'll look back in my records and see if I can find it and post the link up here. Meanwhile another good bloke to try is Mr Buns(seriously!) He made my rhutch to my own specs and although it was a bit pricey it was worth every penny. He does runs to order too. You can google him.. Having said all that I'm pretty sure most of the ebay sellers will do bespoke runs if you email them:D

hi, i have the same run as Karen M, but i took some hinges off to make it fix on to the play house. most of the ebay sellers i asked can make custom alterations for about £20 so just ask.

I got a great run from an ebay seller. It is 8x6 with a removable lid and folds totally flat so that I can move it around single-handedly. I don't think 20" is high enough for a rabbit run. All my runs are at least 30" high which gives the buns room to stretch up and also sit up comfortably on top of the boxes I put in for them. Here's a pic:
NEWRUN.jpg

Edited to add: Another plus for this run is that it comes already screwed together..no assembly required..you just pull it out of its flat box and put it up immediately:lol:

That looks fantastic! I could do with know the details of the person you brought that from as my buns need a bigger run.

Back