• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Flystrike - is there a natural prevention?

WalnutEarth626, have you ordered this from them before? I ordered it last week from the link but they haven't sent it to me or any confirmation emails...I've emailed them to chase it up.

Thats odd, I emailed them yesterday to order some litter trays that aren't in the catalogue and had a response in 24 hours :? Might be worth a phonecall? Chris is a lovely guy, could be the website is on the fritz. Have to admit I've never bought anything from them online, but they have a stall round most of the shows and I always end up spending a small fortune :roll: :lol:

Thats odd, I emailed them yesterday to order some litter trays that aren't in the catalogue and had a response in 24 hours :? Might be worth a phonecall? Chris is a lovely guy, could be the website is on the fritz. Have to admit I've never bought anything from them online, but they have a stall round most of the shows and I always end up spending a small fortune :roll: :lol:

Thats a relief. Please can you PM me their phone number? I can't find it on their website - bit of dunce me!! doh!!:oops: :lol:

I use Bob Martins, drops.
When I was a kid about 15 years ago, we had a rabbit that died of flystrike, he was 7 years old.
I have never seen anything so horrific in all my life,
It was a really hot summer, I went to give my rabbit Blossom, his breakfast, and i noticed he was sitting uncomfortably and he didnt smell right, his back end was all wet, so I picked him up and turned him over and he was absolutly riddled with maggots,
I remember I was physically sick,and I was absolutly hysterical. I didnt know what to do, I was only 12 at the time, my mum was out shopping, so I went and called round at my next door neighbours I told them what had happened to poor Blossom, and without a thought we rushed him to the vets, unfortunatly it was too late, it was too far gone, the maggots were eating his insides as he was still alive, so the vet had to put poor Blossom to sleep. I will never ever let my Rabbits now go through what poor Blossom went through, so I check them everyday to make sure they havent got a dirty bottom, and I give them Bob Martin, drops once a month, It was horrific, I have this terrible phobia of maggots now. DONT LET YOUR RABBIT GO THROUGH WHAT MY RABBIT WENT THROUGH, 15 years ago. It was unheard of in thoughs days though.

Back