• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fluff Everywhere & Smell Of Straw

done, i have photobucket, i was experimenting taking pics with my new phone and loading them direct to facebook but i opened a flickr account so its now viewable.

Okay, that actually looks quite good, if they are able to run round too :love:

Your setup looks ideal. Fluff is going to get everywhere they go, thats just nature, especially at this time of year. They are going through their winter>summer moult, so you'll just have to live with that im afraid, as we all do :lol:

Re the hay smell, i'm afraid hay is hay. It's going to always smell, and its normally pretty normal to smell it everywhere. You do get used to it after a while though, i promise! You could try getting different hay, which is sweeter smelling, so it doesnt smell the same as what you have now?

Re a tray, as Shuette says, treat the whole base as the litter tray :)

:)

Lovely setup for them :) I personally love the smell of hay :) but I understand not everyone is the same. The megazorb should be good, and just provide them with a hay rack for their hay (but you will need to keep it full all the time, so regularly check it).

Gorgeous bunnies too! What are their names?

Do you have litter under the hay in the main bit of the cage? Do they wee there or just in the tray? I'm assuming the door is open all the time?

Me personally I'd treat the cage as one large litter tray and cover it with newspaper or megazorb and then the hay on top and loose the small tray.

hi they do use there tray however one of them has started to throw all the litter out into the cage so its defeating the purpose of the litter tray if the wee pest is doing that lol.

i intend to buy megazorb anyway for the bottom of the cage and see how i get on with that :D

Okay, that actually looks quite good, if they are able to run round too :love:

Your setup looks ideal. Fluff is going to get everywhere they go, thats just nature, especially at this time of year. They are going through their winter>summer moult, so you'll just have to live with that im afraid, as we all do :lol:

Re the hay smell, i'm afraid hay is hay. It's going to always smell, and its normally pretty normal to smell it everywhere. You do get used to it after a while though, i promise! You could try getting different hay, which is sweeter smelling, so it doesnt smell the same as what you have now?

Re a tray, as Shuette says, treat the whole base as the litter tray :)

:)

ok thanks, the kids have started to brush the buns so hopefully that will cut down on the fluff and they are now in the kitchen so it keeps the fluff balls thru there lol.

is there any particular brand of hay i should go for, im going to order from the hay experts, get megazorb and hay so they have a good selection. Ill take the litter tray out the cage as they are just chucking the litter out of the wee potty anyway so its a waste of time lol.

Lovely setup for them :) I personally love the smell of hay :) but I understand not everyone is the same. The megazorb should be good, and just provide them with a hay rack for their hay (but you will need to keep it full all the time, so regularly check it).

Gorgeous bunnies too! What are their names?

thanks, they are noah and thumper lol, ill have a look for a hay rack, they are fed regularly anyway so its easy to keep it topped up. :wave:

ok thanks, the kids have started to brush the buns so hopefully that will cut down on the fluff and they are now in the kitchen so it keeps the fluff balls thru there lol.

is there any particular brand of hay i should go for, im going to order from the hay experts, get megazorb and hay so they have a good selection. Ill take the litter tray out the cage as they are just chucking the litter out of the wee potty anyway so its a waste of time lol.

My bunnies much prefer baled hay. It's a lot cheaper by the bale too but means you need somewhere to store it.

Back