• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floor ideas?

Bigbunnybella

Young Bun
All is going well with Bella and Jonny. I’ve turned their individual enclosures into one big one.
The concrete floor is covered with various things, a huge rug which is doing a good job. Some wood, a large Eva rubber mat and a huge sheet of insulation. All to keep them off the concrete and a bit warmer. The in between bits and covering the wood I have put shavings, straw and chopped straw for variety. However they are using the entire back wall as a litter tray, ideally I’d like to just clean one area daily but I’m currently wasting massive amounts of bedding!
So I think I need to keep the shavings and loose stuff to a small litter area and use something else as floor coverings.
I could get more rugs but don’t want it to look a complete mess!!
Any good suggestions that aren’t too expensive? They don’t appear to be chewing any of it so that’s a plus

As above, but don't get the expensive floor matting, look for wall matting - it's thinner but still plenty thick enough for bunnies. About £30 for 6x4 sheet on ebay.

I've found some good price stable foam floor. I do plan on buying it as soon as possible. For now we have some biiig carpet that is pain to clean up. And cheap puzzle mats that are not the best either.

I had thought stable mats but then hoped for something a bit cheaper!
Glad it’s been mentioned that the foam play mats are not much good as had thought about them.
I’ll look at stable wall mats. Thanks

I had thought stable mats but then hoped for something a bit cheaper!
Glad it’s been mentioned that the foam play mats are not much good as had thought about them.
I’ll look at stable wall mats. Thanks

These are the ones I got - you can get black and bright pink too but I like the green!! You can get more or less in quantity in different listings but they are good quality - you could probably get black a bit cheaper still but they'll be a bit thinner I suspect.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Mat-Sp...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Back