• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First time homemade treats

I am such a sheep. I had to copy & make treats last night & now I want to dry apples. Does it matter which type or are any good for drying ? I'm thinking they would make nice energy snacks :) I'm sure J B & M would help out
Any normal eating apples :)

38336e10b644871d5a4fbb14af7d25a0.jpg

If doing in oven like me, cut them around 2 mm thick and cook at 130degc for half hour and allow to cool in the oven. They'll still be slightly rubbery, but that's perfect. If they're rock hard they're over done.
(You have to nibble it)

How did the cookies come out? Let's see!!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It's always a good taste test when they're looking for more :D

I love dried apple, the buns wouldn't get a look in! :lol:

Thanks DP - they look delicious. I don't know if the apples are eating apples - they grow wild

If they're growing wild, my guess is that they're eating apples. One of the places we often walk is next to a railway line. There are lots of wild apple trees there, we think that people have thrown the cores out of the train windows and over the years they have grown into full-grown trees.

I am such a sheep. I had to copy & make treats last night & now I want to dry apples. Does it matter which type or are any good for drying ? I'm thinking they would make nice energy snacks :) I'm sure J B & M would help out

Any type would be good, I think :D

thanks guys - I'll have a nibble & see how it goes
If they're bitter then they're cooking :)
You can often tell by size as well - cooking are normally a little smaller than a grapefruit. They also normally have a slightly rough texture to their skin.
Good luck - the girls seem to love it. Even the other small furries.

Any type would be good, I think :D
Cooking apples are slightly poisonous. Even to us when cooked
But you'd need to eat so many of them it's difficult to cause problems in us.
Because I don't know how much is would take for a bunny they never get cooking apples.

Cooking apples are slightly poisonous. Even to us when cooked
But you'd need to eat so many of them it's difficult to cause problems in us.
Because I don't know how much is would take for a bunny they never get cooking apples.

Cooking apples are sharp tasting, but they are not poisonous to rabbits or humans :D

Cooking apples are sharp tasting, but they are not poisonous to rabbits or humans :D
I read in loads of books they're slightly poisonous :s
I may have to track the books down at mums and check, maybe I misread it

I had to try the apples as it seemed easy so here they are, do they look poisonous?[emoji23]
f6903f0320f68409118095d47a9f471a.jpg
I also tried broccoli for some reason. They absolutely stink??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They look lovely TaP :)
Yes, broccoli, cows parsley, any dark greens really stink when cooked.
Banana was a bad smell too

Back