• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First time homemade treats

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
I had a go at making home made treats today.

They're made from science selective dust (bottom of bag), hay dust (small handfull) & Ellas Kitchen baby food.

3be8977b9b816ab0dd5912573283a201.jpg

Three hours worth of baking and the bunnies (and gerbil) love them

87ee9741bde1ccbdb9467cda1a090257.jpg

1c6ea2f0042d0d641e93823a04d9db0a.jpg

0748ceeca2c51d8cd5394182796274a7.jpg

2beeb78e2ff55e4f1a06f8ab5ff00bea.jpg

Phoebe spent a while running around the front room trying to find the perfect place to sit and eat it away from Daphne.

They keep coming back searching for more

65688b8b7d54284be07508a1bd2cbb46.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

lovely photos of your girls as always. I've not made mine treats in months. I like your shapes. Do you have to roll it out? Mine goes too sticky and I have to squash balls of it, they look like uneaten cecos :lol:

I can roll it out and cut with a fondant cutter.
It was slightly messy, I ended up using my hands to flatten it so I could cut it

They look lovely :thumb: 3 hours of baking was worth it :thumb: what temperature did you bake them at please? I'm thinking Boots and Pumpkin and Pickle the Pygmy goats would like them :thumb:

I used a fan assist oven (pain in backside to bake with). They were on 130degc for 1 hour then around 90degc for 2 hours. After then turn the oven off and allow them to cool inside to oven to help ensure the inside of the treats are dry.
If they're not completely cooked in the middle they become mouldy in a couple days.

I used a fan assist oven (pain in backside to bake with). They were on 130degc for 1 hour then around 90degc for 2 hours. After then turn the oven off and allow them to cool inside to oven to help ensure the inside of the treats are dry.
If they're not completely cooked in the middle they become mouldy in a couple days.

I don't miss my long hours at all.
Hope you can rest up while comatose x

I'm working on drying apple in the oven now. Not sure how well that will go but we'll see. Home grown apple which taste brilliant. If they dry well this time will try adding some herbs to them next time.

I don't miss my long hours at all.
Hope you can rest up while comatose x

I'm working on drying apple in the oven now. Not sure how well that will go but we'll see. Home grown apple which taste brilliant. If they dry well this time will try adding some herbs to them next time.

Actually you've given me an idea as to what to do with my glut of apples .. I've made some chutney, juiced some and eaten some. I think I may try dehydrating some :D

Actually you've given me an idea as to what to do with my glut of apples .. I've made some chutney, juiced some and eaten some. I think I may try dehydrating some :D
If you do it in the oven, be careful you don't cut too thin... it'll stick to the tray/nonstick paper if too thin.... half of mine is going in the bin hehe

If you do it in the oven, be careful you don't cut too thin... it'll stick to the tray/nonstick paper if too thin.... half of mine is going in the bin hehe

MM will get her food dehydrator out no doubt ;) I got one for Christmas but I'm a little too impatient. I do use it for their treats though & to kick start plantain & geranium.

MM will get her food dehydrator out no doubt ;) I got one for Christmas but I'm a little too impatient. I do use it for their treats though & to kick start plantain & geranium.
Wish I had one. Would make drying bunny fruit so much easier.

Not going to be much apple left for bunnies - me and OH have been eating them. Incredibly sweet.

I am such a sheep. I had to copy & make treats last night & now I want to dry apples. Does it matter which type or are any good for drying ? I'm thinking they would make nice energy snacks :) I'm sure J B & M would help out

Back