• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Finding a good vet? RDH2 vaccine

Binkycodie. I was given reliable information that it can be given befor ten weeks. Because it covers both the RHD1 and 2 but full immunity of the RHD1 doesn’t take untill the rabbit is 10 weeks but then with the nobivac 2 weeks later also would have protected against this so shouldn’t have been an issue. But as there is no mention of this on the info sheet the vets get they won’t do it.

Omi. I gave the receptionist the dates of birth in the same phone call as I had to register with them first and it wasn’t picked up then. I asked the vet why nothing was said over the phone and the answere was it’s only a rabbit we don’t get many of them :( this makes me angry as nothing should be termed as only any thing at any point but my daughter was with me to so it was even harder on her.

Yes they were sexed and I have two girls like I hoped I did always good to know though.

Last edited:
Binkycodie. I was given reliable information that it can be given befor ten weeks. Because it covers both the RHD1 and 2 but full immunity of the RHD1 doesn’t take untill the rabbit is 10 weeks but then with the nobivac 2 weeks later also would have protected against this so shouldn’t have been an issue. But as there is no mention of this on the info sheet the vets get they won’t do it.

Omi. I gave the receptionist the dates of birth in the same phone call as I had to register with them first and it wasn’t picked up then. I asked the vet why nothing was said over the phone and the answere was it’s only a rabbit we don’t get many of them :( this makes me angry as nothing should be termed as only any thing at any point but my daughter was with me to so it was even harder on her.

Yes they were sexed and I have two girls like I hoped I did always good to know though.

Disgusting :cry:

The vets obviously don't read up on these things.

And the Novibac can be given (as you know) at 5 weeks, so it's a great shame they didn't give it there and then.
One would hope they would have it in stock!

Thank you for your PM. I'll get back to you shortly :)

Disgusting :cry:

The vets obviously don't read up on these things.

And the Novibac can be given (as you know) at 5 weeks, so it's a great shame they didn't give it there and then.
One would hope they would have it in stock!

Thank you for your PM. I'll get back to you shortly :)

No problem MightyMax.

The Novibac was in stock they just wouldn’t as that wasn’t what we came for.

When I mentioned about being under 10 weeks being ok she said some thing about it coming back on them. You think if they are giving these vaccines some one ( even a receptionest) would look it up and email all the vets with the info but this hasn’t happened in my case. I hope others fare better.

I asked about the Earavac as well to be told that she had never even heard of it.

No problem MightyMax.

The Novibac was in stock they just wouldn’t as that wasn’t what we came for.

When I mentioned about being under 10 weeks being ok she said some thing about it coming back on them. You think if they are giving these vaccines some one ( even a receptionest) would look it up and email all the vets with the info but this hasn’t happened in my case. I hope others fare better.

I asked about the Earavac as well to be told that she had never even heard of it.

:shock:
I hope it was just the receptionist and not the nurse or vet?!!

What a dreadful experience. Really is disgusting. I hope that, with some of the help you've been receiving on here, you will be successful in finding a good vet.

What a dreadful experience. Really is disgusting. I hope that, with some of the help you've been receiving on here, you will be successful in finding a good vet.

I’m looking into a vets at the moment that sounds promising. Will be talking to them between Christmas and new year to find out more and also to book in for injections.

Back