• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FHB has my babies

i've let them out for a bit of exercise, no jumping tho! they've both had a mooch round and Pud did a little binky :D They are both now flopped out in their favourite spot behind the couch! :love:

Still hasn't eaten his tea but e's had some hay, dried herbs and a bit of veg. He keeps looking at me like mum 9pm is biscuit time what's going on??? Must stay strong :no: treats, she even said no fenugreek crunchies :shock:

i've let them out for a bit of exercise, no jumping tho! they've both had a mooch round and Pud did a little binky :D They are both now flopped out in their favourite spot behind the couch! :love:

Still hasn't eaten his tea but e's had some hay, dried herbs and a bit of veg. He keeps looking at me like mum 9pm is biscuit time what's going on??? Must stay strong :no: treats, she even said no fenugreek crunchies :shock:

:(:( not even a crunchy :shock::shock:

She said he needed to lose some weight and treats usually contained more fat than they let on, I did try to protest at crunchies but she said all he needed was hay, veg and a small amount of pellets :oops: I'm pretty sure she's talking about the naughty treats you see everywhere so I'm tempted to maybe give him like a quarter of a crunchie every so often.....

Glad to hear they are home.
its gonna take a lotv will power not giving them a treat.
I will be taking Uncle to visit FHB on tuesday:roll: Sounds like ther will be a few others there next week, parhaps we should carry a rose so we can identify other RU members in the waiting room!
Best of luck with the meds, if you realy struggle maybe i could help but i do struggle with mine at times.!

Glad to hear they are home.
its gonna take a lotv will power not giving them a treat.
I will be taking Uncle to visit FHB on tuesday:roll: Sounds like ther will be a few others there next week, parhaps we should carry a rose so we can identify other RU members in the waiting room!
Best of luck with the meds, if you realy struggle maybe i could help but i do struggle with mine at times.!

Thanks for the offer, I may hold you to that as altho bf has finally returned, between the two of us we aint doing to fab!

Watch out for all the :censored: roadworks, took us forever today, think we got about a mile on unconed road! The single file traffic traffic light bit on the A61 was the worst and then we got stuck in roadworks on A1 and just to make it more fun there was a 3 car smash so that was a lane lost and tailbacks forever :roll:

Really hope Uncle will be ok, sending lots of vibes, I'm sure FHB will work her magic :) If you need help or want a rant/cry/scream just let me know, you calmed me down so much before I went on Tuesday, everyone is still amazed I drove on my own!!

I think all RU members should have to where a special badge, "warning, I own bunnies", that way when you are crying hysterically in the middle of work with bits of hay and megazorb stuck to your clothes people will understand!

If it wasnt that i had so many other buns at home i would book into a hotel close to FHB with Uncle and avoid the horrid roadworks, they sound even worse than they were a month ago. Ironicly i am down that way to Richmond on Sunday for Bunnyburrows hot Xbunny day. Im gonna need a big petrol tank next week, i just had to get new tyres, they wore out driving to FBH.:roll:
Uncle is a bun with a huge carbon pawprint:lol:

When I went on tuesday it wasn;t so bad as we set off about 9 and got there for about 10:45. Just today coming back I think we hit all the early rush hour so I was major peeved about delaying getting them home! I could pop in on your buns and feed them their tea next week but I'm back at work unfortunately so I wouldn't be able to stay all night.... not sure if thats any help :?

We set off today at about 11:15 and got there about 1:15, which when you have a 1.1 Cinquecento aint bad going!!!

As long as you don;t go mid to late afternoon you should be right mate :D How's abouts Uncles poops got to fertilising all the barmbles around the angel, est voila, carbon neutral bunny!!!;)

hows Pye doing????

He's doing well thanks! he's still not the greedy mischievous monster he was before but he's eaten his tea in one sitting tonight, first time since he was back, and he's been flopping a lot today :love:

He still keeps looking for his biscuits but I have been strong!! He's still not fab with having his meds but I've been getting hold of him with a bit of tough love and he's not trying to scratch my eyes out too much! Just have to make it till 21st May, thats the two month deadline that FHB set. If he has no episodes by then we can reduce the zantac to once a day and hopefully that will mean that will mean that the calcified lump was the root of all evil :?

He has his wound check on saturday morning and if he gets the all clear he can free range again and go jumping on his precious armchair in their room :D

How is Alvin doing? Been checking to see if you find out when his results will be through, still got my fingers crossed :D

Sorry about your failed wee sample with Pearl, hopefully the vet will be able to assess her without it when she comes round, she's a little fighter and it sounds like she's def still enjoying life xxx

He's doing well thanks! he's still not the greedy mischievous monster he was before but he's eaten his tea in one sitting tonight, first time since he was back, and he's been flopping a lot today :love:

He still keeps looking for his biscuits but I have been strong!! He's still not fab with having his meds but I've been getting hold of him with a bit of tough love and he's not trying to scratch my eyes out too much! Just have to make it till 21st May, thats the two month deadline that FHB set. If he has no episodes by then we can reduce the zantac to once a day and hopefully that will mean that will mean that the calcified lump was the root of all evil :?

He has his wound check on saturday morning and if he gets the all clear he can free range again and go jumping on his precious armchair in their room :D

How is Alvin doing? Been checking to see if you find out when his results will be through, still got my fingers crossed :D

Sorry about your failed wee sample with Pearl, hopefully the vet will be able to assess her without it when she comes round, she's a little fighter and it sounds like she's def still enjoying life xxx

i have everything crossed for no more episodes.. sounds like hes recovering beautifully :love::love::love:
Alvins Good, someone left a few uneaten poops today but i think thats because i upped the pellets slightly yesterday to say sorry for the cruelty... noone phoned me back after that stroppy cow this morning so my mom said dont worry about it and see what the vet says on sunday.. i may try again on friday when im off for easter. but ill put her in the crate this time and let her pee on the tray in the bottom.. talk about doh! why didnt i do that yesterday :oops:

Hindsight is a :censored: mate, lots of fingers and paws crossed that you can get a sample x

I'm really happy with how Pye is doing, feel like I never want to leave them again, got so jealous of my blokes new found unemployment since he gets to sit with them all day! its not helped by being treated like a feckless minion at work neither :evil: think a career change may have to come soon...

Just thankful for the love of two good bunnies when i get home, make it all worthwhile :love:

I have missed this. I have had a quick read through your posts and it sounds similar to my Hayden's case. She is possibly going to see FHB for surgery as she has a strange calcified lump, possibly could be attched to her caecum. Did she say what it actually was?
I am really glad your bunny is doing well and pulled through the operation well. I know how worried and stressed you must be!

I have missed this. I have had a quick read through your posts and it sounds similar to my Hayden's case. She is possibly going to see FHB for surgery as she has a strange calcified lump, possibly could be attched to her caecum. Did she say what it actually was?
I am really glad your bunny is doing well and pulled through the operation well. I know how worried and stressed you must be!

Oh my god so Pye isn't a freak??? :shock: thats exactly the same as Pye, I even have the little lump to prove it, was gonna get it framed! She said if someone had just handed it to her she would have immediately said kidney stone, she was a bit flumoxed as to what it was doing there :?

So sorry you're going thru the same thing, Pye was getting ill on a weekly basis so I had no choice but to let FHB work her magic and if it stops him being ill I'll be the happiest person on earth. Does your Hayden show signs of pain and stop eating then? Have you just had some xrays taken??

I was so nervous about going down to see FHB and what would happen but they were all so nice and they were so attentive with the both of them. Hope you manage to get sorted hun, let me know how it all goes. We should start a buns with weird lumps club!

Oh my god so Pye isn't a freak??? :shock: thats exactly the same as Pye, I even have the little lump to prove it, was gonna get it framed! She said if someone had just handed it to her she would have immediately said kidney stone, she was a bit flumoxed as to what it was doing there :?

So sorry you're going thru the same thing, Pye was getting ill on a weekly basis so I had no choice but to let FHB work her magic and if it stops him being ill I'll be the happiest person on earth. Does your Hayden show signs of pain and stop eating then? Have you just had some xrays taken??

I was so nervous about going down to see FHB and what would happen but they were all so nice and they were so attentive with the both of them. Hope you manage to get sorted hun, let me know how it all goes. We should start a buns with weird lumps club!

:lol: good plan. I have posted a photo of Hayden's x-ray on a thread. Just search it in my posted threads and it is roughly the last page. What shape is it?
To cut a long story short, Hayden stopped eating and was very ill and I nearly had her PTS because she wasn't improving much. She had mucoid enteropathy which is usually fatal but has been nursed back to health. I did intensive nursing with her for about a month and at the moment she is back to normal except from the weird lump. FHB looked at her x-rays on Friday and said it wasn't a kidney stone but she didn't know what it was. A calcified something basically.
She said surgery is the best option but as Hayden is back to normal I am reluctant. I wish she would say, it is this, it needs removing.
Very strange, your Pye's case seems pretty much the same, except Hayden had mucoid enteropathy (basically passing mucous).
I am so glad to see that Pye has had the operation and is recovering well. It gives me hope that if she does have surgery, she can make a good recovery, just like brave Pye :love:

:lol: good plan. I have posted a photo of Hayden's x-ray on a thread. Just search it in my posted threads and it is roughly the last page. What shape is it?
To cut a long story short, Hayden stopped eating and was very ill and I nearly had her PTS because she wasn't improving much. She had mucoid enteropathy which is usually fatal but has been nursed back to health. I did intensive nursing with her for about a month and at the moment she is back to normal except from the weird lump. FHB looked at her x-rays on Friday and said it wasn't a kidney stone but she didn't know what it was. A calcified something basically.
She said surgery is the best option but as Hayden is back to normal I am reluctant. I wish she would say, it is this, it needs removing.
Very strange, your Pye's case seems pretty much the same, except Hayden had mucoid enteropathy (basically passing mucous).
I am so glad to see that Pye has had the operation and is recovering well. It gives me hope that if she does have surgery, she can make a good recovery, just like brave Pye :love:

Was that you at the surgery coming to pick up the xrays on Friday??? dark hair in a ponytail??

:wave: Yep that was me being flustered causing a massive queue!!!!

I was trying to sort his insurance papers out but Pudding was causing havoc in the carrier digging her vet bed and squashing Pye at the back!!! :lol:

Ah hun I just read thru your thread and you and your poor buns have been to hell and back. I had a Look at Hayden's xray and its not the same as Pye, sorry hun. His was just a small white mark and it was lower down, FHB said the surgery wouldn't be too invasive as it was quite close to where she would cut on his tum. The thing they found was like a small shrivelled bit of raison but it was on his caecum wall and she thinks that the contractions pressing on uit may have caused him pain, stopped him eating.

He is currently on domperidone (could've sworn the Irish vet nurse was on about champagne when she first said it!) and my vet went mad when he found out. Its a replacement for some drug he used to use all the time as a gut stimulant but they stopped making it. He is so happy to have found a replacement, it seems to be doing wonders for Pye too.

I would def go and have the consult with FHB even if its just to better discuss yoiur options, she was really good with explaining everything to me and I was stood bawling my eyes out with Pye in my arms at the time (with Pud going mental in the carrier!). All in all for the consult, xray, op and 3 day stay with all the meds his treatment came to just over £400. My vet nearly fell over when he seen the bill, he thought it was a mistake!! I know its a lot, I don't have the best job and my bloke is now unemployed, but I can honestly say that even if the insurance comp tells me to take a long walk off a short pier its all been worth it. The agony I felt leaving them there and the three days straight of constantly crying and cleaning and eating a lot of ice cream... it was worth it when I went to pick them up and he looked at me and my heart melted.

Please let me know what happens, I'm sending all the vibes I can to your beautiful girl and handsome husbun :love:

:wave: Yep that was me being flustered causing a massive queue!!!!

I was trying to sort his insurance papers out but Pudding was causing havoc in the carrier digging her vet bed and squashing Pye at the back!!! :lol:

Ah hun I just read thru your thread and you and your poor buns have been to hell and back. I had a Look at Hayden's xray and its not the same as Pye, sorry hun. His was just a small white mark and it was lower down, FHB said the surgery wouldn't be too invasive as it was quite close to where she would cut on his tum. The thing they found was like a small shrivelled bit of raison but it was on his caecum wall and she thinks that the contractions pressing on uit may have caused him pain, stopped him eating.

He is currently on domperidone (could've sworn the Irish vet nurse was on about champagne when she first said it!) and my vet went mad when he found out. Its a replacement for some drug he used to use all the time as a gut stimulant but they stopped making it. He is so happy to have found a replacement, it seems to be doing wonders for Pye too.

I would def go and have the consult with FHB even if its just to better discuss yoiur options, she was really good with explaining everything to me and I was stood bawling my eyes out with Pye in my arms at the time (with Pud going mental in the carrier!). All in all for the consult, xray, op and 3 day stay with all the meds his treatment came to just over £400. My vet nearly fell over when he seen the bill, he thought it was a mistake!! I know its a lot, I don't have the best job and my bloke is now unemployed, but I can honestly say that even if the insurance comp tells me to take a long walk off a short pier its all been worth it. The agony I felt leaving them there and the three days straight of constantly crying and cleaning and eating a lot of ice cream... it was worth it when I went to pick them up and he looked at me and my heart melted.

Please let me know what happens, I'm sending all the vibes I can to your beautiful girl and handsome husbun :love:

Thanks! I was hoping the price would be a bit lower but I have to do what's best for my baby girl. As I said, I still don't know what to do as Hayden is back to full health so it is so difficult but the risk of something going wrong in a month or two seems too high for me. My oh doesn't want her to have surgery but he doesn't know much.
Your face when little pudding was digging the vet bed. It made me laugh :lol: Reminded me of my two little trouble makers :lol:
I am sending lots of vibes that Pye makes a full speedy recovery although it sounds as if he is on the right path :love:
FHB suggested domperidone when Hayden was ill and it seemed to work wonders. I had many trips to the chemist because we don't stock it at our vets. When I told people about the drug they all said, what, the champagne? :lol:

I was a bit mortified at her causing such mayhem esp since poor Pye was cowering at the back still ill, she has no sympathy that girl :oops:

So glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of booze when that drug came into conversation!!

I was so nervous about Pye's op, I hoped when we went down she'd suggest blood tests or new drugs but since he'd gotten in on metaclop I knew in my heart it wasn't going to be that easy. First thing she did was to do a comparison xray of healthy bun to ill bun and that white mark was still there so that was that in her mind, it needed to be investigated. She gave me the choice but said if it was her bun she would do the op. I was terrified, I kept thinking about all the times he'd gone off his food but how quick he came round after pain meds and all I kept thinking was what if I've lost him, what if he could've gone years with me giving him all the meds to get him thru and I'd risked it all... But the little man has proved you can;t keep a good bun down and just to prove it he's just :censored: jumped on the couch :shock: minor heart failure but he seems fine, in fact very proud of himself :roll:

My OH was the same with the view on surgery, he loves him more than he lets on I think, but looking at him now and keeping my fingers tightly crossed for the next two months I think it was for the best. Your situation is very different and I admire you for all that you did for your bun, you have some strength! I think it it was for a family member a lot of us wouldn't hesitate for surgery to make them better but when it comes to our buns its so much harder cos they are so small and seemingly fragile.

speak to FHB and then spend some time with your buns, you'll come to the right decision, and whatever you decide to do I'm pretty sure your kick ass girl will take it in her stride. They really are beautiful buns and I feel for you in this situation x

I was a bit mortified at her causing such mayhem esp since poor Pye was cowering at the back still ill, she has no sympathy that girl :oops:

So glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of booze when that drug came into conversation!!

I was so nervous about Pye's op, I hoped when we went down she'd suggest blood tests or new drugs but since he'd gotten in on metaclop I knew in my heart it wasn't going to be that easy. First thing she did was to do a comparison xray of healthy bun to ill bun and that white mark was still there so that was that in her mind, it needed to be investigated. She gave me the choice but said if it was her bun she would do the op. I was terrified, I kept thinking about all the times he'd gone off his food but how quick he came round after pain meds and all I kept thinking was what if I've lost him, what if he could've gone years with me giving him all the meds to get him thru and I'd risked it all... But the little man has proved you can;t keep a good bun down and just to prove it he's just :censored: jumped on the couch :shock: minor heart failure but he seems fine, in fact very proud of himself :roll:

My OH was the same with the view on surgery, he loves him more than he lets on I think, but looking at him now and keeping my fingers tightly crossed for the next two months I think it was for the best. Your situation is very different and I admire you for all that you did for your bun, you have some strength! I think it it was for a family member a lot of us wouldn't hesitate for surgery to make them better but when it comes to our buns its so much harder cos they are so small and seemingly fragile.

speak to FHB and then spend some time with your buns, you'll come to the right decision, and whatever you decide to do I'm pretty sure your kick ass girl will take it in her stride. They really are beautiful buns and I feel for you in this situation x

Thanks for your kind words, it has really helped me. I saw the look on your oh's face and he does love those buns, I could tell because I thought, aaawww look at his face. He was proper smiling at them. It is nice to see men have love for bunnies. My oh tries to deny it but he has such a soft spot for Hayden and Dudley.

aawwww it's good that he is running around acting normal, must be such a relief for you! I know how hard and worrying it must have been!

Back