• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Female mini rex looking for home - Norwich

Pleased you are going to try and sort things out as opposed to rehome. I saw your 'free to good home' ad and what you said, so I am pleased if you advise neutering to curb her aggression that you are going to follow through with this yourself. I have a bunny who used to be extremely aggressive, I had to make sure I had boots on around her to protect my ankles. It took a while, 9 months or so of working with her, and being patient but she is very much tolerant of being handled now and doesn't bite. Passing her on to others is more likely to put her in the cycle of being rehomed time and time again until someone is actually willing to give her the time she needs. I hope you can do that for her. Good luck!

Oh wow she is stunning!!! :love: If i had room i would take her, my dutch girlie was very aggressive pre neuter, after she was lovely, helps them having a friend too. If shes on her own and un-neutered no wonder shes frustrated, especially if you are avoiding playing with her as she attacks you. Honestly once her hormones have settled post neuter and you build a bond back up with her you'll be glad you kept her. :D

Im so glad youve decided to give it another go. Good luck, youve got a very beautiful bun there. Is there anyone near you who has rabbits of their own who could come round to yours after the neuter & help you build up your confidence with your bun? I would start out just sitting on the floor next to her cage talking to her then when shes out continue talking to her but making no move to touch her. Let her come to you & maybe offer a treat she may take it from your fingers or just put it on the floor in front of her Its all about both of you learning to trust each other & her becoming to associate your hands with something nice ie either food or eventually nose rubs :)

This bun is being advertised on another pet forum i dont think shes going to be neutered and kept at all :?

Unfortunately not, she posted this on the 11-11-08

"its now very urgent she finds a new home ive tried everything and nothing my situation has gotten worse and now i have under a month to find her a good home"

:?

It has not been placed back in the free ads yet, that where I saw the bun advertised. :?

If you are reading this distantimages, I would take the bun and hutch, if you are that desperate to get 'rid'.

Dont feel that anyone is judging you if you feel you still want to rehome. Come back on and try and find her a home on here, it would better than the free ads.

Dont feel that anyone is judging you if you feel you still want to rehome. Come back on and try and find her a home on here, it would better than the free ads.

Definetly better than free ads, even if we seem to be a bunch of interfering, horrible busy bodies. We just want you to have a great relationship with a bun like we have. But if it really isn't for you please rehome through here, we aren't going to use her for breeding or anything daft like that.

Why does it say mini-rex in the title of this thread?

I think this is probably the same bunny that ARC were asked to take in. I didn't know she had been put on here already. Donna asked me to contact the owner, which I did, but she is in Norwich, and we'd have to organise a bunny run to get her all the way to us. And I am not sure if we have any space now, because we just took in some bunnies from an urgent situation.

I agree with everyone above. if you are still wanting 'rid' then come back on here and find her a home this way rather than the freeads. We were only trying to help by suggesting neutering :? it doesnt mean you have to neuter her if you want to get rid of her so desperately. Im sure someone on here would be able to have her :) x

It has not been placed back in the free ads yet, that where I saw the bun advertised. :?

If you are reading this distantimages, I would take the bun and hutch, if you are that desperate to get 'rid'.

I saw that ad too.... I wouldn't judge anyone who felt they couldn't handle an aggressive bun.... but in the ad the bunny was described along the lines as 'can a little aggressive at times but neutering would solve this problem'. My problem lies with people who aren't willing to try, so pass the bunny on for someone else to deal with as it's far easier to go out, get another one and start again. :?

Back