• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Feel like I've failed as a bunny owner PLEASE HELP :(

I'm doing the last night snuggles with him. This is the last few photos. Love him.

null_zps162e60b0.jpg

null_zpsa7a2698c.jpg

null_zps191dbccf.jpg

null_zpsb855902e.jpg

~ Emmzie x

Oh gosh I am streaming! ! :cry:

I understand what you are going through and it truly is terrible, the love you have for your special boy sounds huar like the love I have for Jims, to loose him would kill me and I am scared every sday cause I know that it is going to happen one day, I have never loved a pet so much which scares me so much as I had a break down following the loss of my hamster Pippa as I was so close to her but the love I feel for Jims is even more intense and I know the day I have to say goodbye to him will be the day I die inside. :cry:
Oh im off again:cry:

Your boy is beautiful and I hope he slips away gently tomorrow xx

Oh gosh I am streaming! ! :cry:

I understand what you are going through and it truly is terrible, the love you have for your special boy sounds huar like the love I have for Jims, to loose him would kill me and I am scared every sday cause I know that it is going to happen one day, I have never loved a pet so much which scares me so much as I had a break down following the loss of my hamster Pippa as I was so close to her but the love I feel for Jims is even more intense and I know the day I have to say goodbye to him will be the day I die inside. :cry:
Oh im off again:cry:

Your boy is beautiful and I hope he slips away gently tomorrow xx

This is exactly how I feel. :( I only said to my partner a few weeks ago that I don't know how I'd cope when he dies. Unfortunately it's much sooner than I thought.

I can't sleep. Got up at 2.30 I may do a spot of painting in the hall way as I can't settle even on the sofa. I don't know how in going to get through tomorrow :( :(

~ Emmzie x

This is exactly how I feel. :( I only said to my partner a few weeks ago that I don't know how I'd cope when he dies. Unfortunately it's much sooner than I thought.

I can't sleep. Got up at 2.30 I may do a spot of painting in the hall way as I can't settle even on the sofa. I don't know how in going to get through tomorrow :( :(

~ Emmzie x

You and Fudge remain in my thoughts. I know how wretched you must be feeling :cry: :cry:

((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))) xx

I got very upset last night and cried for a good 15 mins and i mean hysterical crying, over the THOUGHT of loosing my Jims so how you are feeling I can only imagine :cry:

My though are with you today as yoi bravely say goodbye to your boy :cry:

I accidentally pressed the wrong emotion symbol just mentioning in case you saw it, please be assured I was NOT laughing!!

Last edited:
I got very upset last night and cried for a good 15 mins and i mean hysterical crying, over the THOUGHT of loosing my Jims so how you are feeling I can only imagine :cry:

My though are with you today as yoi bravely say goodbye to your boy :cry:

I accidentally pressed the wrong emotion symbol just mentioning in case you saw it, please be assured I was NOT laughing!!

I didn't see the emotion symbol don't worry.

Don't cry. I'm sure you have a good number of years to enjoy your bun :) it comes to us all unfortunately just I had to make the decision. Really want to cancel the appointment :(

~ Emmzie x

I didn't see the emotion symbol don't worry.

Don't cry. I'm sure you have a good number of years to enjoy your bun :) it comes to us all unfortunately just I had to make the decision. Really want to cancel the appointment :(

~ Emmzie x

I really hope so :cry:

You can hun, you could spend another week with him? He is not suffering at the moment and is likely to atill be well in a wewk or so, you can monitor very closely and at the first sihn of him not acting quite himself you take him in so he wont suffer xx

This is awful :( what an awful decision to have to make. You are so brave (even though you probably don't feel it) to be making such a hard decision. Those pictures are heart breaking. I'll be thinking of you today xxxx

It's like he knows... He's been laying down under the curtains took his food to him and he's not eating its breaking my heart :(

~ Emmzie x

It's like he knows... He's been laying down under the curtains took his food to him and he's not eating its breaking my heart :(

~ Emmzie x

:cry: I really dont know what to say as nothing will take the pain away.
All I will say, is ask him what he wants and looking in his eyes you will knpw the answer.

I am SO sorry you're having to go through this - I do understand how hard it is. I just wish there was something we could do to take the pain away.

Thoughts are with you this time...and peaceful passing vibes to Fudge (give Luna a nose kiss from me little man)..:cry:

My heart is breaking for u, poor poor fudge, life's not fair. Poor wee bunnie, he knows u r doing the right thing for him. If he could talk he would say thanks mum for loving me and doing the best for me. X Nite nite poor fudge x

Fudge, you have gone to bunny heaven. I love you so much and please understand this was the best thing to do. Holding you in my arms while you was put to sleep forever was the most hardest and heart breaking thing I've ever had to do. Please forgive me, mummy loves you. Sleep tight and stay cheeky...

I'm so heart broken I thought I was going to collapse with emotion it was so hard but the vet said it was the right thing to do. He did more research into the blood tests and he had possible bone cancer too. He said he would of worried if we kept him alive. But this doesn't make it easier to deal with.

Thank you for all your support x

~ Emmzie x

Back