• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding Veg...

My four boys only have small amounts of veg each day - and small amount of carrot each (their fave) and something green, usually cabbage or dandelions. Clover gets a sticky bum from too much veg, so I feed them all the same (all though, to be honest, Clover is the only one obsessed by food; the others eat a bit of fresh and I often have to take some leftovers out from Blackberry & Buttercups space, but not from the space Clover shares with dandelion, because Clover will eat anything that doesn't move!)

i just wanted to add.. its only Alvin that has issues with too much veg.. pearl could eat moutains of veg and never once had an iffy tummy :love::love:

she was a determined gal that one, her lips would be soaked by the time shed finished :love::love::love::love::love:

sebastian gets one big colliflower leaf one brocolli leaf( i think) and a couple of brussel leaves most days :) and then odd bits of other veg or fruit :)

My 4 are going mad for curly kale at the moment - I get a bag of the chopped up stuff so they get a small handful of that every morning between two of them. I also give them a carrot between two of them a couple of times a week - used to be more but I was told that carrots have a very high sugar contact so I should be spareing. They are very fussy with the way in wich their carrot is presented -has to be the whole carrot stuck through the wire of their hutch and not placed by their food bowl- Blakey has no front teeth so I thought I'd cut it up into cubes for her to make it easier but she completley ignored the bowl of it and just waited for Bingley to attack the whole carrot and she'd nibble off the loose bits he left - strange girl :lol:

Another favourite is spinach but they are little conniseurs now about it - won't have the baby spinach from a supermarket now no matter how fresh - oh nooooooo, not for them - not since we grew our own spinach one year and fed them that. We then ran out as a 'crop' failed and we offered them the shop bought variety - the looks of disgust I got - oopps :lol: Oranic bunnies!!!

My in-laws are great and when they go on their long walks they always come back with bags of dandelion leaves for them. And they get whatever veg I've picked up on my weekly shop for them so they get a variety and my neighbour also keeps left over cabbage, celery, brocolli etc for them - they are so SPOILED!

I try to keep it at a handful of whatever leaves I've got for them between the two of them a day as their poos get a bit squashy if they get more than that

Tammy x

Back