• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Favourite ear position - warning could get controversial!!

What is your favourite ear position

• Uppy Eared

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Lop Eared

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Helicopter

Votes: 15 23.1%

• Total voters
All. There should be an all or no preference on the poll.

I have a lop, but I like up and helicopter every bit as much. (my OH thinks I should put lop because that's what we have! :lol: )

I havent voted cos I like all ears. Until I got Teddy I would have voted uppy ears but love to see his lop ears bounce up & down like hes trying to take off :lol:
In fact when we adopted Lucky her parents were uppy & lop, Luckys ears would flop down a little & I would shout "lift your ears up Lucky" her ears would spring up & shes stayed that way ever since :lol:

I love all ears, and dont really have a preference, but I clicked uppy ears so that I could see what you all put and also because my uppy eared bunnies can hear me talking to them better! :lol::lol:

I voted helicopter, but I adore Thumper's ears which can be both up, or both lop as well. I know how he's feeling just by his ears.

I love ALL earsis, lop ones, uppy ones, big ones, little ones, if they're on a bunny, they're GORGEOUS.

But I voted for helicopter because my Eddie had ears like that and they were the reason he was 'left behind', put on half price in the garden centre we got him from and why my mum and I couldn't leave him behind! :lol:

A vet did tell us when he was a baby that we should try and 'train' his uppy ear down and make him a lop. We poo-pooed her. We loved him just the way he was...

:love::love:

Uppies:love: I love watching their ears move around and you can see much more easily how they are feeling when they have uppy ears:love:
But I do love lops squidgey faces and helicopter buns are just gorgeous too:love:

i like lops when they hold one ear up and one ear down :lol: lisa's locksley does this all the time, when he is listening to people, or if he thinks its carrot time

cas

I love all ears but I voted lops because I love lops smooshy grumpy faces and the way Radish's ears flap when she runs, helicopter when she is sleeping and the way she holds her ears when she is investigating.

I do love Waffle's wiggly uppy ears though.

What are the health benefits of uppy ears? I find they're much harder to check than lop ears!

I think lop eared rabbits are prone to tooth problems due to the shape that their skulls have to be for the ears to lop.:) There are probably other problems associated with them too but I can't remember them.

I think lop eared rabbits are prone to tooth problems due to the shape that their skulls have to be for the ears to lop.:) There are probably other problems associated with them too but I can't remember them.

That's really interesting as it's my lop who is a dental bun.

Also loppy ears seem to get dragged everywhere and stood on and caught under feet!

i like them both, although ive had 5 lops and only one uppy, with that uppy eared bunny being little rosie, she was soo expressive with her little ears twitching

dad has often said he's sure lops are deaf, he said it about locksley and mowgli, i said i think they are just soo laid back they switch off, because they hear things they want to hear :lol:

That's really interesting as it's my lop who is a dental bun.

Also loppy ears seem to get dragged everywhere and stood on and caught under feet!

Aye my wee lop bunny got a blocked tear duct once too and this was likely due to his breed as well. :( Thankfully his ears aren't long enough for him to stand on though.

Back