• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fat Fluffs needs your help

We have fingers, paws and everything else crossed for positive news. My Sugar is a Fat Fluff, so she has a lot to thank them for. It is a wonderful rescue, it will be devastating if they cannot continue.

We just can't lose one of the best rabbit rescues in the UK, far too much as stake. Rabbits NEED Fat Fluffs to keep open.

What a nightmare for them :( I hope the council can see it's a special circumstance. They're only sheds, it's not like they've built a Tesco on greenbelt land! (And Tesco would probably get permission!)

All paws here crossed for Fat Fluffs xx

Just a quick note to say that in case anyone was planning on going to the meeting, the time has now been changed from 4.30pm to 6pm for the hearing.

Sorry if thats been covered, I couldnt see it when I scrolled through.

Keeping everything crossed!

Yes to confirm. It was a roller coaster however all the councillors were either in favour of agreement with conditions or for a postponement whilst further consideration was made. Not one voted against. In the end the majority voted for agreement with conditions to be determined. Chloe and Andy are absolutely exhausted as you can imagine as this has taken over their life for the last few months and there is still a while to go yet whilst the council set the conditions however on behalf of Chloe, Andy and Fat Fluffs please can I thank everyone for your support. The response has been overwhelming and every bit helped.

Best wishes
lucy

Yay !!!

I really hope that whatever conditions the Council impose they will be reasonable and that Fat Fluffs can continue to provide a vital service to Rabbits in need.

Fantastic news for Fat Fluffs :D Congratulations!!!!

I think the conditions will be manageable, there was some very strong support from some of the council committee members. :D

It was by no means cut and dry and quite alarming to hear the objectors speak but common sense and values won out! Councillor Windmill was awesome!

There was so much support that the hearing had to be moved to the bigger main chamber to accommodate everyone! :D not to mention the petition of over 7,800 in support and the 85 plus letters sent!!! This is just so wonderful to see what people can do when working together.

A good day for good people - well done guys xx

Yes to confirm. It was a roller coaster however all the councillors were either in favour of agreement with conditions or for a postponement whilst further consideration was made. Not one voted against. In the end the majority voted for agreement with conditions to be determined. Chloe and Andy are absolutely exhausted as you can imagine as this has taken over their life for the last few months and there is still a while to go yet whilst the council set the conditions however on behalf of Chloe, Andy and Fat Fluffs please can I thank everyone for your support. The response has been overwhelming and every bit helped.

Best wishes
lucy

Chloe & Andy will sleep well tonight!

Back