• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Farewell Tilda

Jen2412

Warren Scout
I really don't know where to start with this but today my lovely little Tilda has passed away suddenly. Only yesterday she was binkying in the garden enjoying the spring sunshine. She was always such a character from the moment she arrived in my life just over four years ago. She was always so friendly and would follow anyone around the garden trying to "help", not ideal when painting the fence! She also had a well deserved reputation as the "Killer of Christmas" which she proved on more than one occasion!

IMG_0087.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

She really was such a sweetie and I'm devastated to be writing this. RIP Tilda :cry::cry::cry:

Thank you for the condolences following the loss of my Tilda. I still feel in a state of shock and haven't stopped crying all evening :cry::cry:
I just feel so guilty and keep running over everything in my head to see what I could have done differently. She fell out her hutch and landed on her back. Before I could do anything she passed away as I was stroking her. I'm so sorry Tilda. Taken far too soon. I never normally even leave the hutch door open while I get your food so I don't know why I did tonight. Things could have been so much different. I'm so sorry. Binky free little one xxx

Thank you for the condolences following the loss of my Tilda. I still feel in a state of shock and haven't stopped crying all evening :cry::cry:
I just feel so guilty and keep running over everything in my head to see what I could have done differently. She fell out her hutch and landed on her back. Before I could do anything she passed away as I was stroking her. I'm so sorry Tilda. Taken far too soon. I never normally even leave the hutch door open while I get your food so I don't know why I did tonight. Things could have been so much different. I'm so sorry. Binky free little one xxx

Please don't blame yourself Jen. She was well loved and she knew it :love:

Run free little Tilda :)

I am so sorry - it was an accident. I've had lots of bunnies fall out of hutches but fortunately they have been fine. It must be heartbreaking for you. Binky free Tilda xx

Thank you for all your messages :love: it really was and still is a heartbreaking loss.

It appears she has left a lasting impression on my other two bunnies. Macie and Merlin never used to carry food around until they saw Tilda doing it. Now, if I give them both a tasty treat they'll run off carrying it in completely different directions. It makes me smile every time xx

Back