• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO: The Duchess

These are all so lovely. The attention to detail is amazing.

I really like the mirror idea. What sort do you use, are they safe to be at eye level so the buns can see in them or would they chew them do you think?

Both Helens and sugarlumps setups are amazing, so creative and inspiring. Helen I wish you did a design and makeover service, bit like 60 minute makeover for bunnies, my housing looks so boring compared to yours:(

Seriously these pictures need to be on the housing piccie sticky but it is closed:? The first place newbies will look is there, they need to be inspired to create the best housing possible. Please add these piccies to it or reopen it :)

Last edited:
I feel ashamed of my buns housing now.:oops: I have never seen such wonderful bunny des res homes. What an amount of time and effort has gone into the creation of them and the one with the waves and portholes was just incredible. I am also glad to see that the garden shades are ok for the buns. I was hoping to spruce up their homes in the summer and use the great range of colours but wasn't sure it would be safe.

Thanks for sharing your photos!! :love::love::love:

Makes mine look so . . . rabbity . . . and so wooden . . .

but I think the neighbours would freak out if I started painting them all different colours! As it is they think its like living next to beach huts!

The Sea House again (bit too much stuff in the run in this photo, but not now:oops:)

IMG_4756.jpg

A better one of Rose Cottage before I put full fly screens on the run and added the new roof.

IMG_2334.jpg

Can I ask what colours these are painted in? They look great by the way :love:

Thank you.

Everything in our garden is either from ebay or second hand, with the exception of one wendy house which was donated by Tululah and Busters mum when they came to us.

I buy everything, including the bolts, lino, screws, and all the gubbins inside from either second hand shops, or car boot sales. It's taken a few years to grow our rabbit housing.

The boarding hutches were obviously new (bought with a loan), but even the ironmongery for those and the lino is not full price. We just cut back on everything else to pay for the rabbits.

I am like a magpie and am lucky in being able to spot things in advance of when I might need them. Ask my friends - they can vouch for the piles of 'stuff' around the house and garden just waiting to get used.

I am lucky enough to find things - just bought a Forsham Ark chicken coup that should have been £287 when new. Got it for £45! Going to be a day time G piggy runaround on the grass for the summer.

Can't stand paying full price for anything.:D

Hi Duchess :wave:

Your bun accommodation is amazing, can Pandora, Alfie me I come and live with you please?:D

When looking at your internal shots, I noticed some large plastic long hay rack type things in different colours. Can you tell me where you got them from please or how you made them, as they look like a brilliant idea.

thanks
Kim

Hi Duchess :wave:

Your bun accommodation is amazing, can Pandora, Alfie me I come and live with you please?:D

When looking at your internal shots, I noticed some large plastic long hay rack type things in different colours. Can you tell me where you got them from please or how you made them, as they look like a brilliant idea.

thanks
Kim

Hi Kim

They are Ikea plastic carrier bag holders.

Absolutely amazing- you should be so proud of yourself. How on earth you do all that diy decorating and bunny care in a day i don't know. It's amazing!! I'd love to start building and painting, but i wouldn't know where to start. I'd probably make a right mess. Anyways- wow :) xxx

OMG :shock::shock::shock::shock: ive never seen your setups Helen, wozers they are truelly amazing :love::love::love::love: You're so clever!!!! Definetely the best setup i have ever seen, chocolate box gorgeous!!! :love::love:

Absolutely amazing- you should be so proud of yourself. How on earth you do all that diy decorating and bunny care in a day i don't know. It's amazing!! I'd love to start building and painting, but i wouldn't know where to start. I'd probably make a right mess. Anyways- wow :) xxx

Thank you Ambience.

It's taken a few years to get to where we are now (the photos are only about half of what we have here) and I have to do a bit in between cleaning out. Basically I do nothing else except go to work and do bunnies. No outside life apart from the rescuing and campaigning.

Back