• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Extra love vibes for poor Truffle

So update this morning;

Truffle refused food but that might be because normally I do his eye drop in the morning so he’s grumpy already lol.

The boys were not so good on the car journeys today and had me really worried, on the way home Truffle just splatted and I had a heart attack!

So the vet and I had a good chat while he thumped in the box to let us know he could hear us. She said his tummy is still pretty full from my feeds last night, so gave more ranitidine to move his guts and get poops going more. He also got 15ml of subconscious fluids (which he was super good for!) and she helped syringe him the leftover food I had made up so that’s done.
We discussed the penicillin and I decided we should do the next one because we’ve started now, so he had that too.

The vet also said exercise can really help so I have made up their run and let them out as soon as we got home. Hopefully I’ll see some grass nomming happening or it will be more syringing.

8dc1837e0cf0fa0b1e21421e99c441bc.jpg

49737bb2bb87f6acdc35edfc5b3aa651.jpg

4f7037f25a6d75279093b0e4c6a45227.jpg

71622a7bff4b59fa127e0533d0a4dc24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You were brilliant to get all that done at the vet :)

He's looking pretty bright. I hope he noms or he will be in for the dreaded syringe :)

Glad to read that the adorable Truffle is enjoying some outdoor time and that things went well at the vets. Hoping very much to read that Truffle is tucking into some grass and getting that digestive system working. Such a gorgeous marked bunny. Adorable.

He looks like he is enjoying being outside, I hope he will feel like eating :thumb:

You were brilliant to get all that done at the vet :)

He's looking pretty bright. I hope he noms or he will be in for the dreaded syringe :)

Hahahaha thank you, I just think it’s better to get it all out the way especially when he’s very well behaved at the vets.

Yeah I thought so too. I put a box in for them to hide in but Truffle is just staying inside because he’s lazy so I’m going to go out for a bit and take it out so he thinks about grass. Otherwise yes the dreaded syringe again!

Glad to read that the adorable Truffle is enjoying some outdoor time and that things went well at the vets. Hoping very much to read that Truffle is tucking into some grass and getting that digestive system working. Such a gorgeous marked bunny. Adorable.

Hehe aww thank you, he will be glad to hear that.
Well he’s a lazy bun so he’s mostly snoozing in the box I put in there, so I’m going to remove it for a bit and see if he nibbles, otherwise it’s more syringe food :-(

Aw thank you! He got a lot of attention from the people at the vets, proper chick magnet lol!

Aww bless him he does look quite bright in the pics. Definitely a good idea to get the injection done today while you were at the vets, you don't really want to put him through the stress of two trips in two days when he's feeling ropey.

Fingers crossed he'll be up for eating again. Hopefully the fluids and gut meds will help push everything through and help him regain his appetite. Difficult to judge it though at this time of day as they would normally be sleeping anyway.

Aww bless him he does look quite bright in the pics. Definitely a good idea to get the injection done today while you were at the vets, you don't really want to put him through the stress of two trips in two days when he's feeling ropey.

Fingers crossed he'll be up for eating again. Hopefully the fluids and gut meds will help push everything through and help him regain his appetite. Difficult to judge it though at this time of day as they would normally be sleeping anyway.

Thank you :) yeah me too although he was a bit of a pin cushion today bless him. If he still isn’t having more movements my nurse friend can give another ranitidine tonight when she comes over, but it’s hard to tell if it’s needed.

Yeah see that is exactly my issue! They have pellets in the morning then nothing but hay and often forage to pick at in the day, till 6pm veggie salad time, and Truffle on a normal day just sleeps, everyone who looks after them say he’s the laziest bunny they’ve ever met. So yeah he’s not eating but I wouldn’t expect him to till much later. I’ve just syringed him anyway so it’s done while he’s outside, but will he even be hungry for dinner.....
also I feel like I shouldn’t keep putting food in if not much is coming out...

I massaged his belly too after feeding as I heard that can help? Don’t know if it’s true but thought why not lol

So my nurse friend visited this evening and brought round some more ranitidine just in case to try and help his gut more.

I had syringe fed him outside about 2.40pm another 15ml although a small portion of it was spat out. Still not a lot of poop.
Then after he hit the jab from Amie I syringe fed again at 7pm just so I know he’s had it now, hoping tomorrow I can just do nothing and he will eat from not being stressed etc. That’s the dream.

I did want to ask though if anyone who’s buns have been on these meds and liquid food/pro-biotic, have they had some poops with like a sticky glue between them?! Kind of like the stuff you glue credit cards onto letters :-/

So my nurse friend visited this evening and brought round some more ranitidine just in case to try and help his gut more.

I had syringe fed him outside about 2.40pm another 15ml although a small portion of it was spat out. Still not a lot of poop.
Then after he hit the jab from Amie I syringe fed again at 7pm just so I know he’s had it now, hoping tomorrow I can just do nothing and he will eat from not being stressed etc. That’s the dream.

I did want to ask though if anyone who’s buns have been on these meds and liquid food/pro-biotic, have they had some poops with like a sticky glue between them?! Kind of like the stuff you glue credit cards onto letters :-/

Yep, one of my buns had a severe case of stasis last year that lasted about two weeks. She was on metaclop, Zantac, metacam and the recovery food and some of her poops had that sticky mucous attached to them. If I remember rightly someone on here said the gut meds can have that effect.

It's good that Truffle is passing some poops so you know stuff is working it's way through. You just need more of it!

Speaking of metacam, is Truffle on any pain relief at all? Sorry if you've already mentioned it up thread but that's always been routinely prescribed along with the gut meds when my buns have had stasis.

Yes you can get all sorts of things coming out when they are on gut meds and getting over stasis.
Please don't worry about that - it's perfectly normal

Vibes that he's eating for himself tomorrow, if not sooner :)

Yep, one of my buns had a severe case of stasis last year that lasted about two weeks. She was on metaclop, Zantac, metacam and the recovery food and some of her poops had that sticky mucous attached to them. If I remember rightly someone on here said the gut meds can have that effect.

It's good that Truffle is passing some poops so you know stuff is working it's way through. You just need more of it!

Speaking of metacam, is Truffle on any pain relief at all? Sorry if you've already mentioned it up thread but that's always been routinely prescribed along with the gut meds when my buns have had stasis.

I’m sorry to hear one of your bunnies had to go through this :-(
Ah ok thanks, I saw it just as my RVN friend was leaving and ran outside with this poop into the street but she had gone lol (the neighbours must think I’m very odd!)

Yes exactly! I feel like such a stalker jumping up to see what if any deposits he’s left when I hear him in the tray before Luther contaminates the evidence haha!

No, he’s seen two different vets this week and neither gave pain meds unless emaprid is, but I think that’s a gut stimulus too?
I’m hoping to just leave him to it tomorrow and just watch him in the morning so I can see if he can feel relaxed at a normal morning and eat. I’ve always been terrified of one of them having this problem :-(

Yes you can get all sorts of things coming out when they are on gut meds and getting over stasis.
Please don't worry about that - it's perfectly normal

Vibes that he's eating for himself tomorrow, if not sooner :)

Ah phew I feel a bit better now! I just saw it and thought, now that can’t be right!
“Getting over stasis” sounds good to me! I hope this is a sign of good things.

He wasn’t too interested in eating today, but he did have to go to the vets and have a lot done to him so I think that may play a part, plus then me force feeding him twice today and him being jabbed in his own hutch this evening with gut stimulant.
I’m going to delay tomorrow mornings eye ulcer drop as it’s only to keep bacteria away and it’s nearly healed, just so I can try a stress free normal morning, see if he begins to do things for himself.

Thank you! I so want this to be over, I feel like I’m taken back to when they were bonding and it just felt like it would never be over! X

Ah phew I feel a bit better now! I just saw it and thought, now that can’t be right!
“Getting over stasis” sounds good to me! I hope this is a sign of good things.

He wasn’t too interested in eating today, but he did have to go to the vets and have a lot done to him so I think that may play a part, plus then me force feeding him twice today and him being jabbed in his own hutch this evening with gut stimulant.
I’m going to delay tomorrow mornings eye ulcer drop as it’s only to keep bacteria away and it’s nearly healed, just so I can try a stress free normal morning, see if he begins to do things for himself.

Thank you! I so want this to be over, I feel like I’m taken back to when they were bonding and it just felt like it would never be over! X

You've been through more than your fair share rabbit-wise and you deserve a break now of plain sailing.

In fact, I'll go and order one for you now :D

You've been through more than your fair share rabbit-wise and you deserve a break now of plain sailing.

In fact, I'll go and order one for you now :D

Haha! Why thank you, tell me what I owe you ;-) lol.

So I thought leaving him this morning and not doing his eye drop would make him happier this morning. Apparently not.
He straight up refuses pellets and then wouldn’t sniff anything else. He then nibbles at an apple chip. Then that was it. He nearly ate a bit of apple and mouthed it a few times then decided nah!

Now he’s just laying on my small offerings in his castle.

When he came out the hutch he did a giant squishy poop, so my brain panicked about megacolon, but my nurse friend said it wouldn’t be that and his poops are going to be weird until he’s better.

*sigh*

ff2de7777124a1354b9126733977cab5.png

7d93b836c4e881571c5d76c3cd152507.jpg

ac09265d52f4221cfc9d9f6009adecf9.jpg

Blimey Truffle, that's one heck of a squidger!

How has he been this afternoon? I'm hoping that he'll be feeling a bit better within himself now that he's managed to get that out.

He's not looking very happy with himself is he? Have the vets suggested what might have brought on the Stasis? My rabbits also have always been prescribed pain relief when they've had Stasis

Back