• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excited lol

Ok so you may all think I'm sad, but Princess has had 2 wks of dandelion leaves and can now have some veg introduced, so I've been and bought curly kale, spinach leaves and carrots, and I can't wait to give her them at tea-time haha

I've to start with just one so which is the best to start with?

The three you have mentioned are all veg that should not be fed on a regular basis.

Kale- High in calcium, oxalates and goitrogens
Spinach- High in calcium
Carrots- High in sugar

The carrot is probably the best one to start with, also try some herbs, they are good for buns.

Herbs are definitely my buns favourites - we now have pots of basil and parsley along the tops of the hutches (they also apparently help keep flys away!)

Whichever new foods you introduce I would try them one at a time, so you can see if a particular one causes a sticky bum or anything. :)

I went and gave her curly kale, about half a handful, I didn't know what to get when I got to the supermarket and just picked them, I rang the vets and she just said 'ooh rabbits favourite is the curly kale' :?

I went and gave her curly kale, about half a handful, I didn't know what to get when I got to the supermarket and just picked them, I rang the vets and she just said 'ooh rabbits favourite is the curly kale' :?

Every rabbit has its own favourite! Princess will soon let you know what hers is :lol:

I would say stick with the dandelion leaves tomorrow, you dont want to be feeding curly kale on a regular basis.

Back