• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Evie needs mega vibes please - u/d p 145 She's gone

More fingers crossed for her, I'm so glad her head looks abit better and not looseing her balance yet is a v good thing.

I know what you mean though Blue is getting rather annoyed at me s everyhour throughout the night I kept getting out of bed to check he was ok :oops:

vibes for Evie! How is she doing?

dont worry too much about the size of poos, as long as they are the right shape. Barney's have been extra small for months now since he has been on anitibiotics but they keep on coming so i dont worry anymore. i think this is just because he eats less and nothing but pellets !

Evie's been back to the vets & had all her meds again, as well as some fluids - since we've been home she's managed to eat a few more blackberry leaves,
some celery & munched some bits of hay :) However, she has turned her nose up at banana which is definitely not normal! :?

She doesn't seem as hunched this afternoon & has managed to do some slightly better poo's - they're not normal & a bit mis-shapen, but they're bigger than they were :? She's also drunk by herself since we've been home which is good :)

Her head seems a little bit better this afternoon too :)

We didn't see our normal vet today as she's on leave, but the vet we saw today wants us to book in to see our normal early next week when she's back to discuss what to do about operating on her eye where the infection is.

I think I might go & try to grab a hours sleep in a while as I'm bushed :oops:

Thanks again for asking about Evie & for thinking of her xxx

Oh no, sorry I only just saw this thread.

Lots and lots of love and Get Well soon wishes to Evie xxx

I hope you've managed to catch up on some sleep. I'm still thinking of you all. x

I have only just seen this thread!!

Sending lots and lots of get well vibes to Evie. xxxxxx

Ive only just seen this, Im gutted for you after what you went through with Winston :cry:
It sounds like you caught it mega early though, so lets hope she makes a swift recovery.
Go and have a well deserved rest and get a good sleep in :wave:
Loads of vibes xxxxxxxx

oh no!! just seen this! poor Evie and you!! sending lots of vibes and hope she feels much better soon...sounds like shes getting the very best care! xx

Thanks everyone - I didn't manage to get any sleep earlier because I was speaking with Kay :oops:

Evie's eaten a few strands of grass, some dandelions & finally a piece of banana her favourite :) She's got a full blown buffet in front of her tonight, fingers crossed it's gone when we get up tomorrow!!

Anyhow I am going to bed soon as I'll no doubt still be worrying myself silly sub-consciously :oops: But I do feel better tonight about Evie than I did last night, so fingers crossed she'll be back to her normal self soon.

fingers and eric-paws crossed for evie to feel loads better soon xxx

hope you get a decent night's sleep:)

The fact you got is so early should hopefully help beat it quicker. I got it the night it happened with my Darcy and after three months intensive treatment he made a full recovery. He was left with only a slight permanent head tilt but it doesn't bother him. Evie is such a happy rabbit I'm sure she will fight it, especially with those tasty treats you have left for her. :love:

I hope you had good night's sleep x

How is Evie today? :wave:

Thank you Wendy, Romy & Poly :)

Sorry I'm only just updating Evie's thread but I've only just had chance.

Evie had eaten some dandelions & grass overnight, then a few more this morning with a piece of carrot but she wouldn't touch pellets or anything else. Thankfully her head is back upright, but her poo's had not improved overnight :(

We've been back to the vets & Evie's had more meds, sub cut fluids & we've now started her on lactolose in an attempt to get things moving through better.

Since being home Evie seems to have thankfully picked up a little more - she's let me hand feed her a piece of every veg they had in Morrisons!! She's also now done about a dozen poo's - bigger than this morning, still mis-shapen but none the less a definite improvement!! Better out than in for sure!! :)

I've left her with just about every type of food I can think of - fingers crossed it's gone in the morning & her poo's are back on their way to being normal :)

If Evie continues to make improvements - she'll be booked in to see our normal vet early next week, with a view to having her right eye operated on as soon as they think it's ok to do so.

Thanks again guys for thinking about our brave girl xxx

Last edited:
Thank you Wendy, Romy & Poly :)

Sorry I'm only just updating Evie's thread but I've only just had chance.

Evie had eaten some dandelions & grass overnight, then a few more this morning with a piece of carrot but she wouldn't touch pellets or anything else. Thankfully her head is back upright, but her poo's had not improved overnight :(

We've been back to the vets & Evie's had more meds, sub cut fluids & we've now started her on lactolose in an attempt to get things moving through better.

Since being home Evie seems to have thankfully picked up a little more - she's let me hand feed her a piece of every veg they had in Morrisons!! She's also now done about a dozen poo's - bigger than this morning, still mis-shapen but none the less a definite improvement!! Better out than in for sure!! :)

I've left her with just about every type of food I can think of - fingers crossed it's gone in the morning & her poo's are back on their way to being normal :)

Thanks again guys for thinking about our brave girl xxx

Glad she's pooing again, come on Evie stop worrying your mummy, give her a cuddle from me Denise:love:

Back