• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ethical question, opinions please! *Pics!*

haffyj said:
Ben's mum said:
BirdieBun said:
Ben's mum said:
BirdieBun said:
dont worry about the people that dont agree because you are putting the EXISTING bunnies first thinking of their space and you are being totally unselfish :love:

The OP asked for opinions, obviously everyone's wil vary :?

yup course they will :D but i dont believe they should be made to feel bad because they are thinking of the bunny, not how bad THEY will feel if they do this :roll:

How about how your post makes those anti-spaying feel? You're basically saying that she's putting the bunnies first by spaying them, does that mean those who don't agree aren't?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And that's supposed to mean..? :?

Females can concieve right after giving birth, so there could be a possibility she is pregenant again, I think mothers stop feeding their young between 6-8 weeks whilst they are weaning :D

Ben's mum said:
haffyj said:
Ben's mum said:
BirdieBun said:
Ben's mum said:
BirdieBun said:
dont worry about the people that dont agree because you are putting the EXISTING bunnies first thinking of their space and you are being totally unselfish :love:

The OP asked for opinions, obviously everyone's wil vary :?

yup course they will :D but i dont believe they should be made to feel bad because they are thinking of the bunny, not how bad THEY will feel if they do this :roll:

How about how your post makes those anti-spaying feel? You're basically saying that she's putting the bunnies first by spaying them, does that mean those who don't agree aren't?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And that's supposed to mean..? :?

Theres no need to start an agruement is there! thats what that means Carys didnt say people who didnt agree with the spaying were not putting the buns first just that she felt there is no need to make anyone feel bad about doing it thats all :wink:

haffyj said:
Theres no need to start an agruement is there! thats what
that means Carys didnt say people who didnt agree with the spaying were not putting the buns first just that she felt there is no need to make anyone feel bad about doing it thats all :wink:

The OP asked for opinions, I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad, just giving my opinion as asked. Carys told her not to listen to the "other" opinion which is what offended me. Then for someone to do the eyerolling smiley is very patronising and unnecessary :?

I was against it but having been in that position back in January when a buck totally trashed his hutch and got to the girl in the top, I knew I wouldn't be able to give them all a good home, so she had to be spayed

thehappypixi said:
Thank you all for your input I wanted your personal opinions and you have all delivered wonderfully. I've decided I will spay them providing they are not about to drop!

Update-

The first lot of buns arrived, mum, dad and 7 week old doe kitten in one box :shock:
Needless to say I have separated them. Can anyone tell me how likely it she'll have concieved so close after giving birth? Will she still be feeding her? I've been doing this 1 year and never had pregnant or nursing does!
Wheteher she is carrying cargo or not, a second litter so soon would be a huge strain would it not? Think it's snip time for the whole family!

awwww yes sounds like you have no alternative good luck to you hun - sorry that there are people arguing I just didn't want you to feel bad anout your decision XXX

No probs, nothing wrong with a good debate!

Here are the offending articles to cheer you all up!

Mummy
Mom.jpg

Daddy
Pop.jpg

And possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen! Baby!
baby.jpg

Ben's mum said:
haffyj said:
that means Carys didnt say people who didnt agree with the spaying were not putting the buns first just that she felt there is no need to make anyone feel bad about doing it thats all :wink:

The OP asked for opinions, I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad, just giving my opinion as asked. Carys told her not to listen to the "other" opinion which is what offended me. Then for someone to do the eyerolling smiley is very patronising and unnecessary :?

Sorry if you do find this :roll: :roll: :roll: patronising by the way
However Carys said
dont worry about the people that dont agree because you are putting the EXISTING bunnies first thinking of their space and you are being totally unselfish
Not, not to listen to anyone else's opinions ;)

How do you not know Carys meant dont worry about the people that dont agree on her final decision :wink:

Now lets not row over something as small as this :roll: i am sure we dont need another topic locked :lol: :lol:

BirdieBun said:
i think you should get her speyed if it is in early stages of pregnancy then mum doesnt have to go through the birth which is fairer on her too she didnt ask to me pregnant :(

I agree :thumb:.

If you don't have the time, space or resources for double figures of baby rabbits, not spaying would only be reducing the quality of all your existing rabbits' lives.

In an ideal world I wouldn't agree with emergency spaying. Unfortunately the world is far from ideal!

Inimical Me said:
BirdieBun said:
i think you should get her speyed if it is in early stages of pregnancy then mum doesnt have to go through the birth which is fairer on her too she didnt ask to me pregnant :(

If you don't have the time, space or resources for double figures of baby rabbits, not spaying would only be reducing the quality of all your existing rabbits' lives.

In an ideal world I wouldn't agree with emergency spaying. Unfortunately the world is far from ideal!

yep or course i woudl love to see these baby bunnys born but the needs of the mum needs to be priority :love:

haffyj said:
Ben's mum said:
haffyj said:

Sorry if you do find this :roll: :roll: :roll: patronising by the way
However Carys said
dont worry about the people that dont agree because you are putting the EXISTING bunnies first thinking of their space and you are being totally unselfish
Not, not to listen to anyone else's opinions ;)

How do you not know Carys meant dont worry about the people that dont agree on her final decision :wink:

Now lets not row over something as small as this :roll: i am sure we dont need another topic locked :lol: :lol:

That was what I meant - dont feel bad about the decision at all :)

BirdieBun said:
Inimical Me said:
BirdieBun said:

yep or course i woudl love to see these baby bunnys born but the needs of the mum needs to be priority :love:

:thumb: :thumb:

Keep it friendly folks :) when someone asks for opinions, they usually want to hear both points of view. Of course you're not going to agree if you have opposite points of view but the idea is to put your opinion across backed up by facts where possible and then let the orginal poster make the decision. Not need to fight with each other :)

Ps. You're doing a pretty good job, just wanted to stick my nose in and remind you so things don't get heated later :)

Tamsin said:
Keep it friendly folks :) when someone asks for opinions, they usually want to hear both points of view. Of course you're not going to agree if you have opposite points of view but the idea is to put your opinion across backed up by facts where possible and then let the orginal poster make the decision. Not need to fight with each other :)

Ps. You're doing a pretty good job, just wanted to stick my nose in and remind you so things don't get heated later :)

Admin and Mods have had a touch of Lockthreaditis lately :wink: :lol: :lol:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Tamsin said:

Admin and Mods have had a touch of Lockthreaditis lately :wink: :lol: :lol:

Janex

Aaaaaaahahahhaahahha :D

I am behaving just wanted Happy Pixie to feel comfortable with whichever decision she choose to take :love:

I wonder how many pros and cons early spaying are pro/con abortion in humans too - I bet the two correlate pretty well but we are not talking human babies here where the mother has a choice.

This is a rabbit who is already nursing having just recently given birth she didn't ask to get pregnant and she is going to struggle nursing two litters at once she can't choose herself so that decision has to be made for her in her best interests as her carer sees it. Physically she may not be in the best condition to give birth or nurse having probably been improperly fed for a pregnant doe and the kits she gives birth to therefore may be malnourished so suffer too.

This way a few balls of cells are removed so space is left for the thousands of already living breathing rabbits needing rescue!

Caz

Since the first doe is just recently coming off a pregnancy, but late enough to be done nursing, I'd say spay her. Nursing while being pregnant is a huge drain on the doe and constant babies like that can really do a number on her health. Poor girl needs a rest, and it's not like there's a shortage of rabbits in rescues. Especially since you're worried about their quality of life with being overcrowded.

thehappypixi said:
No probs, nothing wrong with a good debate!

Here are the offending articles to cheer you all up!

Mummy
Mom.jpg

Daddy
Pop.jpg

And possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen! Baby!
baby.jpg

:shock: their absolutley gorgeous :shock: :love: :love: :love: the dad looks just like a bun i used to have :love:

Back