• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escape artist bunny up and down stairs!

PrincessPomPom

Warren Scout
I can see that pompom is a very determined bun, after jumping in the bath at any given moment she does it even now when there's no carrots in there :roll: but now she's going up and down stairs! She has her own room and is free range on the third floor, she's only restricted from my bedroom when I'm not there so she can't pee on my bed! Long story short I left my door open and she wandered in and got in bed with me and my son :love: but then I woke up to her peeing :roll: today I found her at the bottom of the stairs on the middle floor, I was quite worried thinking perhaps she'd fallen down but I checked her over and she seemed fine. She actually let me pick her up and put her on her box :shock: which is rare so that worried me a little more but when I took her back to her room, she zoomed around them proceeded to sulk in the corner of her box with her back to me :lol: to stop her going downstairs I closed the baby gate on the stairs. Roll on hours later I bring my son up for a nap, pompom is nowhere to be seen and the baby gate is still closed SHE'D GONE THROUGH THE BABY GATE!! I found her hiding with the shoes on the bottom floor :roll: seriously why is she escaping so much? She's definately not hurt as she scoffed her food and went down 2 sets of stairs! Going up and down stairs I never knew rabbits would do that! Well our bunny with pil does but she did it once and never again? Other than shutting her in her room at bedtime and when we're going out what am I supposed to do? All our rooms have doors on them so she can't get into any of the other rooms, they're definately not bunny proof! Anyone got any idea why she's deciding to brave 2 lots of stairs? Does anyone else have a rabbit escapee stair going upper downer? :lol:

My 2 house buns bomb up and down the stairs when they can get to them.
Have you tried meshing the baby gate so she can't get through?

We've got those stairs where they turn, so the first few are at a right angle to the rest. Marley doesn't even use the first few steps. He does a bunny run and appears on the 3 or 4 step up. He goes through the babygate too. We use the wash basket behind it (not most convenient for getting up and down) and a foam mat. Meshing it sounds like a great idea though.

Bilbo and Pooka love the stairs. They race up and down and Pooka can be at the top before you even notice she's gone into the hall :roll: Cloud is a bit longer in the body and isn't as confident but he'll usually follow Bilbo.

Back