• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emmy-Lou needs vibes/ Good news/ Pictures added

So glad she seems brighter this morning :) Fingers crossed everything goes well at the vets.

Good News :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Emmy-Lou is home. She did see the same vet, but in a way that was helpful. He felt the lumps and thought they had moved so is now thinking they are poo :D:D

His prognosis is still guarded as her condition is really poor ( we were hoping that was due to dental problems). We decided against an x-ray for now as it would be her 3rd GA in around 6 weeks and she is very old. If she has any problems in the future she will be x-rayed straight away. We are to keep her on a course of Metacam and Zantac for now and just keep a careful eye on her.

I am still concerned as her poo has been very abnormal since her bout of stasis on Saturday, not a shape I have seen before, so I will also give her fibreplex to see if they improve.

We are just so pleased that she is better today and home for now. We are also so pleased for Bertie as we would hate for him to loose her so soon as he really loves her:love: We will just take each day as it comes for now :)

Thank you :D

Sorry to post piccys of poo but this is what is concerning me. She has been doing poos like this since her hour long bout of stasis on Saturday. Even on the days she has been eating normally they have stayed the same. I thought they were full of hair to start with but I have been pulling them apart on a regular basis :mrgreen: and there isn't any hair in them, they are actually quite hay filled :?

It makes me wonder if something is partially blocking or pushing on her intestines:?

Any ideas

HPIM1758.jpg

here's some pics of the girl herself. You can see how boney she is. I thought she would put on weight since her dental 2 weeks ago but her condition has actually deteriorated.

HPIM1761.jpg

HPIM1762.jpg

So glad she is doing better now :)

I have seen poos like that several times before from moulting Dental Buns with a poor hay intake. But as you say its not hair then I dont know..........:?

xx

Fudge had a dental 3 or 4 weeks ago and stopped pooing. She was kept in for a night at the vets and was given zantac and metacam for at home.
Her poo got much better but decreased in size after her meds stopped :?

She was put on another 5 days of zantac and 3 weeks of metacam at 0.75ml as the roots of her teeth were causing her pain. Her poo has gotten alot bigger but a few have been like that the past few days. She is just finishing her moult so i think that could be the problem.

I really hope your pretty bunny gets better soon and its nothing serious. Sending lots of vibes xxxxx

On saturday I initially thought that hair was the problem, but on closer inspection the strands that are linking them are actually hay. And like I said they haven't improved at all when she is eating normally :?

On saturday I initially thought that hair was the problem, but on closer inspection the strands that are linking them are actually hay. And like I said they haven't improved at all when she is eating normally :?

Fudges were like that. The roundish part had a little hair in it but the long part joining to two poops didnt have any hair but had hay in it :?

I wonder what it could be!?

This happened to me recently with Eddison. After his neuter, his gut slowed down quite a bit, and when it started back up, these were the first poos I got, even though he was eating normally. They only last a couple days, and then he was back to normal. I had him on a diet of mostly veggies during the stasis, because that's all he would eat.

What are you feeding Emmy-Lou, and do you notice her pigging out on hay more than anything? How long have the poos been like that?

At the moemnt she is back to eating anything and everything :) Her poos have been like that since Saturday, they have not improved during today even though she is better in herself. She is having Metacam, zantac and fibreplex :?

Emmy is very bright this morning, in fact I am lucky my fibreplex still has a nozzle left :lol::lol:

No change in the poo department though :?

Back