• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emmy-Lou needs vibes/ Good news/ Pictures added

It's partly my own fault as I didn't go with Steve as we still had feeding to finish and steve doesn't know who has which food so he told me to stay behind to get it finished.

The vet managed to see 2 rabbits in 5 minutes :shock: All Emmy has had is metaclopromide, no pain relief. I can't believe it, she is in so much pain :cry:
He just said to give her oral metacam tonight.

He can feel lumps in her abdomen but doesn't know if it is poo or something more serious yet didn't book her in for x-rays. He gave no indication whether I should start syringe feeding and said nothing about continuing with fluids (which I will be doing, although my supply is getting low)

Anthony needs a dental and has been booked in for next Tuesday :shock:

I have since rung the vets back and arranged for anthonys dental to be done on Thursday. I have booked Emmy back in for 8.30am but don't know who she is seeing.

I am really disappointed and upset about the whole thing :(

Aw gosh Liz. Is it the same surgery where you used to go? But your Vet has left?

Its awful when you have to see a **** Vets.

I am considering changing again, for the third time now :( :roll:

Oh no Liz, how awful. Really hope metacam gives Emmy-Lou some relief until you can get her back to the vets again tomorrow.

Loads of vibes for her, and for you too.

Oh no Liz thats dreadful, its terrible how bunny savvy vets seem to be few and far between, sending vibes to you all xxx

Aw gosh Liz. Is it the same surgery where you used to go? But your Vet has left?

Its awful when you have to see a **** Vets.

I am considering changing again, for the third time now :( :roll:

Yes it is the same vets we always use, but the best vet has left, the other is sick with a bad back for the next 6 weeks at least and the other one is still on maternity leave.

Todays vet is just a locum but it sounds like he may be around for awhile :?

Oh Liz how awful, what a nightmare for you :( I do hope you are able to make Emmy-Lou comfortable and that you get some answers tomorrow xxx

Emmy has had a little nibble of recovery food and done one very strange shaped small poo :)

If she continues to head in the right direction I am now wondering, if the lumps are still there tomorrow whether to get her x-rayed straight away or to wait until she is eating properly again before getting them done if she needs a GA to take the x-ray?

Obviously she will do better under GA if she is feeling better in herself. She is a very old bun and only had a GA 2 weeks ago for her dental. And another one only a few weeks before that for her spay.

I want to get to the bottom of her problems but due to her age are not sure how far to go if she continues to improve as every GA is a risk. Hopefully they will do conscious ones if possible :)

Oh Liz I really feel for you - it's awful when you can't see the vet you want & so trust :cry:

Sending lots of vibes for Emmy-Lou to get well soon & lots of hugs for you from me & all our bunny brood xxxx

More vibes for Emmy Lou, hope she's able to take a little more food tonight, and however strange the shape any poop is welcomed. Thinking of you all x

Steve has just told me that the vet was pretty convinced that the cancer has spread:( He didn't want to tell me before as I was so distraught about the lack of pain relief.

I am just praying that the vet is wrong, another sleepless night tonight :(

Oh bummocks :cry: I really hope that the vet is wrong Liz :( Gentle strokes to Emmy-Lou, I hope she has a comfortable night and that you get some sleep too xxx

:cry: oh no liz..i really dont know what to say:cry:

i hope it hasnt spread and maybe its a gut wall inflammation thats causing the weird lumps. fingers crossed xx

i hope oyu get osme rest hun..the stress and worry alone besides the physical apsect right now will bring a round of your ME symptoms to a nice full to bursting attack..be pelase be as careful as you can...xx

lots of vibes for poor emmy-lou and hugs for you xx

Im so sorry,I hope you get some positive news and its not cancer.How is Emmy-Lou this morning?

Is this originally SweetPea :cry:
Get well soon Emmy-Lou x x x x

Yes it is sweet pea.

She seems quite bright this morning and has eaten some SS and a little carrot :)

She will still be going to the vets this morning and if they can still feel the lumps she will be having x-rays done.

Back